[GUIDE] OSX Lion on non-GUID (works on final too)

Aju Deeju

130 posts in this topic

When I install Chameleon, is there any specific Packages I have to install other than "Chameleon"? (Like Theme, PrefPane etc..)

Edit: Oh, and btw, it was that kext I installed that screwed it up.

Edit 2: I also got dual monitors, forgot to mention, if it has anything to say.

Edit 3: Uhm.. I still cant get internet, full rezolution, USB3.0 or anything..

I don't bother installing the pref pane or themes. All you need is the boot loader and an Extra folder. If you want a theme go to the The Theme Park. You have to log into the site to see pictures of all the themes in the main forum menu. They are all better than the crappy ones in the Chameleon installer.

I don't bother installing the pref pane or themes. All you need is the boot loader and an Extra folder. If you want a theme go to the The Theme Park. You have to log into the site to see pictures of all the themes in the main forum menu. They are all better than the crappy ones in the Chameleon installer.

Ok, but I still havent got anything else working. 1024x768 resolution, no USB3.0 og ethernet, nothing.

When I install Chameleon, is there any specific Packages I have to install other than "Chameleon"? (Like Theme, PrefPane etc..)

Edit: Oh, and btw, it was that kext I installed that screwed it up.

Edit 2: I also got dual monitors, forgot to mention, if it has anything to say.

Edit 3: Uhm.. I still cant get internet, full rezolution, USB3.0 or anything..

Select all the features in Chameleon.....to get rid of the writings popping up while booting and get a gui....

Download [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and install the following:

1) Audio --> ALC8xxHDA

2) Miscellaneous --> USB 3.0

3) Network --> Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6

4) backup your Lion on a separate HD and then simply download Nvidia Quadro 4000 Mac Drivers, open the package contents then open the contents of the driver package and unzip the archive within the driver package, copy NVDAResman.kext and NVDAGF100Hal.kext into your System/Library/Extensions/ folder, if you have trouble overwriting the existing files simply send the two in the Extensions folder to the trash, empty the trash and copy the two files again. Delete Geforce.kext and run Kext Helper then run Disk Utility and verify and repair permissions, restart.

i installed lion gm using this guide but when i boot it after it just loads some files, than reboots. can anybody tell me what to do? right now i just reinstalled SL.

Did you use the chameleon boot loader mentioned in the tutorial or smoothing else....please mention your PC config

Select all the features in Chameleon.....to get rid of the writings popping up while booting and get a gui....

Download [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and install the following:

1) Audio --> ALC8xxHDA

2) Miscellaneous --> USB 3.0

3) Network --> Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6

4) backup your Lion on a separate HD and then simply download Nvidia Quadro 4000 Mac Drivers, open the package contents then open the contents of the driver package and unzip the archive within the driver package, copy NVDAResman.kext and NVDAGF100Hal.kext into your System/Library/Extensions/ folder, if you have trouble overwriting the existing files simply send the two in the Extensions folder to the trash, empty the trash and copy the two files again. Delete Geforce.kext and run Kext Helper then run Disk Utility and verify and repair permissions, restart.

Did you use the chameleon boot loader mentioned in the tutorial or smoothing else....please mention your PC config

Do you have a link for Kext Helper and a Chameleon GUI? Also, where/how do I verify and repair permissions in Disk Utility?

Ran through all the pre-install steps fine but I can't install. Booting from the USB installer, it boots up fine and gets to the OS X installer's "Welcome" screen and then I have no keyboard or mouse so can't get any further. Tried both PS/2 and USB peripherals. Running on a Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H. Any ideas?

Do you have a link for Kext Helper and a Chameleon GUI? Also, where/how do I verify and repair permissions in Disk Utility?

www.cheetha.com --> kext helper

Chameleon GUI --> The Chameleon I gave in the Links section has GUI...when Installing just select all the options

Just open Kext utility and enter your password .....It will do the work for you.......

Ran through all the pre-install steps fine but I can't install. Booting from the USB installer, it boots up fine and gets to the OS X installer's "Welcome" screen and then I have no keyboard or mouse so can't get any further. Tried both PS/2 and USB peripherals. Running on a Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H. Any ideas?

Try Once more to make the Installation media...........and

which version of Lion?......

did you change the installation location of Extra Lion.pkg to Installation media?

Try Once more to make the Installation media...........and

which version of Lion?......

did you change the installation location of Extra Lion.pkg to Installation media?

Using the retail App Store version of Lion. I tried installing Extra Lion.pkg to the install media and it hangs on "writing package receipt" indefinitely - I ended up having to force quit it as I assumed it was finished with everything else, but could that be why?

www.cheetha.com --> kext helper

Chameleon GUI --> The Chameleon I gave in the Links section has GUI...when Installing just select all the options

Just open Kext utility and enter your password .....It will do the work for you.......

Uhm.. which file do I unzip inside the GFX card drivers?

Using the retail App Store version of Lion. I tried installing Extra Lion.pkg to the install media and it hangs on "writing package receipt" indefinitely - I ended up having to force quit it as I assumed it was finished with everything else, but could that be why?

That Lion pkg is the one that adds Extensions.mkext for keyboard and other important drivers.....try reinstalling it onto the installation media ....If it hangs again let me know

Uhm.. which file do I unzip inside the GFX card drivers?

Never mind here are the extracted kexts:

That Lion pkg is the one that adds Extensions.mkext for keyboard and other important drivers.....try reinstalling it onto the installation media ....If it hangs again let me know

Never mind here are the extracted kexts:

Is there something I do wrong when I install kexts? I open Kext helper, drag them in, and click "Easy Install". When I reboot, I get the same thing as last time. Alot of text followed by "System uptime in nanoseconds:"

Edit: I can't access my windows installation to revert to my backup. "BOOTMGR missing, Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to reboot"

Is there something I do wrong when I install kexts? I open Kext helper, drag them in, and click "Easy Install". When I reboot, I get the same thing as last time. Alot of text followed by "System uptime in nanoseconds:"

Edit: I can't access my windows installation to revert to my backup. "BOOTMGR missing, Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to reboot"

Is your windows x64?

Okay. Is there something I do wrong with the kext though?

Try copying them to /System/Library/Extensions/ manually and fixing permissions by running kext utility ......

Which kexts were you using before installing Lion?

Tried again from scratch and it still hangs at 'writing package receipt'. When I look in the install USB though, the Extra folder has been copied and includes 3 files including Extensions.mkext and I still get no keyboard/mouse?

Try copying them to /System/Library/Extensions/ manually and fixing permissions by running kext utility ......

Which kexts were you using before installing Lion?

I didnt use any kexts before installing Lion? :S

Do I just click "Easy Install" without any kexts in the app, then?

Recovery didn't work for me. My OS didnt show up in the list, and when I run Startup Repair it tells me "Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically"

Tried again from scratch and it still hangs at 'writing package receipt'. When I look in the install USB though, the Extra folder has been copied and includes 3 files including Extensions.mkext and I still get no keyboard/mouse?

Well download this file and extract it copy the contents in the extracted folder to the root of your USB....(copy and replace)

The Windows 7 Recovery-disk you linked me. My OS doesent show up. It just tells me to Load Drivers?

Boot into Lion installation media by using boot flags -s

and then type in..

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (Enter)

flag 1(Enter)

quit (answer yes to all prompts)

reboot

after that try the dusk I gave you

Well download this file and extract it copy the contents in the extracted folder to the root of your USB....(copy and replace)

Boot into Lion installation media by using boot flags -s

and then type in..

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (Enter)

flag 1(Enter)

quit (answer yes to all prompts)

reboot

after that try the dusk I gave you

Not working. I am that far from formatting my discs and reinstalling Windows + SL...