[GUIDE] OSX Lion on non-GUID (works on final too)

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

ErikDjupvik

ErikDjupvik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Did you install any other things like new kexts or something?

Try booting from installation media again...

Edit:
If you can't get it inside Lion then reinstall and run this package after installation.....no need of any other post installation stuff

Installed a kext for my gfx card.

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Installed a kext for my gfx card.

Did you boot into Lion using Installation media?
If so run the pkg in that Link
by the by which is your gfx card?

ErikDjupvik

ErikDjupvik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Did you boot into Lion using Installation media?
If so run the pkg in that Link
by the by which is your gfx card?

Couldnt get in with the USB either, reinstalling now. I have the GTX570. Reinstalling now.

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Couldnt get in with the USB either, reinstalling now. I have the GTX570. Reinstalling now.

After reinstall install the Andy's pkg in the link I gave you and do not do any other post installation activities....i'll look for the solution for gfx card..

ErikDjupvik

ErikDjupvik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

After reinstall install the Andy's pkg in the link I gave you and do not do any other post installation activities....i'll look for the solution for gfx card..

I did, but now I have to press F8 and select the USB as boot device. If I dont, I just end up on a Black Screen with a white flashing "_". And booting Lion from the USB took a long time. And what do you know, Lion froze.

Edit: Okay.. i think my system is f***'ed. I formatted the Mac-partition, so now I only have Windows Installed. However, when I boot, I'm stuck at the black screen with the flashing "_". I certainly hope this isnt permanent?

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

I did, but now I have to press F8 and select the USB as boot device. If I dont, I just end up on a Black Screen with a white flashing "_". And booting Lion from the USB took a long time. And what do you know, Lion froze.

Edit: Okay.. i think my system is f***'ed. I formatted the Mac-partition, so now I only have Windows Installed. However, when I boot, I'm stuck at the black screen with the flashing "_". I certainly hope this isnt permanent?

Are you planning to install Lion again?.....If not then boot into Lion installation media with -s

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (press Enter)
flag 1 (press Enter)
quit(Enter and answer y for any qns asked)

Reboot to have your iPC to be PC

ErikDjupvik

ErikDjupvik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Are you planning to install Lion again?.....If not then boot into Lion installation media with -s

Reboot to have your iPC to be PC

I really want to install Lion, bit I just cant get it to work. Will try a few more times later.

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

I really want to install Lion, bit I just cant get it to work. Will try a few more times later.

I got the GM working after unsuccessful 43 attempts including the loss of my important files of company ....lucky I had a backup.

Nyways next time try the post-installation steps I mentioned in the Guide.....and do not install the Gfx driver....I'll find a solution for it....

EDIT:
Yup try this

ErikDjupvik

ErikDjupvik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

I got the GM working after unsuccessful 43 attempts including the loss of my important files of company ....lucky I had a backup.

Nyways next time try the post-installation steps I mentioned in the Guide.....and do not install the Gfx driver....I'll find a solution for it....

EDIT:
Yup try this

When I install Chameleon, is there any specific Packages I have to install other than "Chameleon"? (Like Theme, PrefPane etc..)

Edit: Oh, and btw, it was that kext I installed that screwed it up.

Edit 2: I also got dual monitors, forgot to mention, if it has anything to say.

Edit 3: Uhm.. I still cant get internet, full rezolution, USB3.0 or anything..

RiPpEr

RiPpEr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
i installed lion gm using this guide but when i boot it after it just loads some files, than reboots. can anybody tell me what to do? right now i just reinstalled SL.

Hackintosh2000

Hackintosh2000

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

When I install Chameleon, is there any specific Packages I have to install other than "Chameleon"? (Like Theme, PrefPane etc..)

I don't bother installing the pref pane or themes. All you need is the boot loader and an Extra folder. If you want a theme go to the The Theme Park. You have to log into the site to see pictures of all the themes in the main forum menu. They are all better than the crappy ones in the Chameleon installer.

ErikDjupvik

ErikDjupvik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

I don't bother installing the pref pane or themes. All you need is the boot loader and an Extra folder. If you want a theme go to the The Theme Park. You have to log into the site to see pictures of all the themes in the main forum menu. They are all better than the crappy ones in the Chameleon installer.

Ok, but I still havent got anything else working. 1024x768 resolution, no USB3.0 og ethernet, nothing.

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Select all the features in Chameleon.....to get rid of the writings popping up while booting and get a gui....
Download ##### and install the following:
1) Audio --> ALC8xxHDA
2) Miscellaneous --> USB 3.0
3) Network --> Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6
4) backup your Lion on a separate HD and then simply download Nvidia Quadro 4000 Mac Drivers, open the package contents then open the contents of the driver package and unzip the archive within the driver package, copy NVDAResman.kext and NVDAGF100Hal.kext into your System/Library/Extensions/ folder, if you have trouble overwriting the existing files simply send the two in the Extensions folder to the trash, empty the trash and copy the two files again. Delete Geforce.kext and run Kext Helper then run Disk Utility and verify and repair permissions, restart.

i installed lion gm using this guide but when i boot it after it just loads some files, than reboots. can anybody tell me what to do? right now i just reinstalled SL.

Did you use the chameleon boot loader mentioned in the tutorial or smoothing else....please mention your PC config

ErikDjupvik

ErikDjupvik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Select all the features in Chameleon.....to get rid of the writings popping up while booting and get a gui....
Download ##### and install the following:
1) Audio --> ALC8xxHDA
2) Miscellaneous --> USB 3.0
3) Network --> Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6
4) backup your Lion on a separate HD and then simply download Nvidia Quadro 4000 Mac Drivers, open the package contents then open the contents of the driver package and unzip the archive within the driver package, copy NVDAResman.kext and NVDAGF100Hal.kext into your System/Library/Extensions/ folder, if you have trouble overwriting the existing files simply send the two in the Extensions folder to the trash, empty the trash and copy the two files again. Delete Geforce.kext and run Kext Helper then run Disk Utility and verify and repair permissions, restart.

Did you use the chameleon boot loader mentioned in the tutorial or smoothing else....please mention your PC config

Do you have a link for Kext Helper and a Chameleon GUI? Also, where/how do I verify and repair permissions in Disk Utility?

Drypht

Drypht

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ran through all the pre-install steps fine but I can't install. Booting from the USB installer, it boots up fine and gets to the OS X installer's "Welcome" screen and then I have no keyboard or mouse so can't get any further. Tried both PS/2 and USB peripherals. Running on a Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H. Any ideas?

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Do you have a link for Kext Helper and a Chameleon GUI? Also, where/how do I verify and repair permissions in Disk Utility?

www.cheetha.com --> kext helper
Chameleon GUI --> The Chameleon I gave in the Links section has GUI...when Installing just select all the options
Just open Kext utility and enter your password .....It will do the work for you.......

Ran through all the pre-install steps fine but I can't install. Booting from the USB installer, it boots up fine and gets to the OS X installer's "Welcome" screen and then I have no keyboard or mouse so can't get any further. Tried both PS/2 and USB peripherals. Running on a Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H. Any ideas?

Try Once more to make the Installation media...........and
which version of Lion?......
did you change the installation location of Extra Lion.pkg to Installation media?

Drypht

Drypht

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Try Once more to make the Installation media...........and
which version of Lion?......
did you change the installation location of Extra Lion.pkg to Installation media?

Using the retail App Store version of Lion. I tried installing Extra Lion.pkg to the install media and it hangs on "writing package receipt" indefinitely - I ended up having to force quit it as I assumed it was finished with everything else, but could that be why?

ErikDjupvik

ErikDjupvik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

www.cheetha.com --> kext helper
Chameleon GUI --> The Chameleon I gave in the Links section has GUI...when Installing just select all the options
Just open Kext utility and enter your password .....It will do the work for you.......

Uhm.. which file do I unzip inside the GFX card drivers?

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Using the retail App Store version of Lion. I tried installing Extra Lion.pkg to the install media and it hangs on "writing package receipt" indefinitely - I ended up having to force quit it as I assumed it was finished with everything else, but could that be why?

That Lion pkg is the one that adds Extensions.mkext for keyboard and other important drivers.....try reinstalling it onto the installation media ....If it hangs again let me know

Uhm.. which file do I unzip inside the GFX card drivers?

Never mind here are the extracted kexts:

ErikDjupvik

ErikDjupvik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

That Lion pkg is the one that adds Extensions.mkext for keyboard and other important drivers.....try reinstalling it onto the installation media ....If it hangs again let me know

Never mind here are the extracted kexts:

Is there something I do wrong when I install kexts? I open Kext helper, drag them in, and click "Easy Install". When I reboot, I get the same thing as last time. Alot of text followed by "System uptime in nanoseconds:"

Edit: I can't access my windows installation to revert to my backup. "BOOTMGR missing, Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to reboot"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy