Fixed no kext load issue

nmano

157 posts in this topic

Ok, so 100 file did not work, so edited 50 file and it loads fine. However, QE/CI still seem to be disabled.

Front Row does not work, nor does iWork Keynote 2009. No transparent menu bar either.

@Jedis

Hi jedis,plz upload your kexts and string my hardware is exactly like yours, vendor ID: 0X8086, Device ID: 0x0046, revision ID: 0x0002 and step by step how to,thx

I deleted-

AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

AppleIntelSNBVA.bundle.

The most kexts to be deleted?

I dont have in my Extensions NVDAGF50Hal.kext

you have kext upload plz!

thx in advanced :(

Hi all,

still trying to get native resolution (1366x678) & QE/CI on my laptop (Acer 1830T i3 380UM 8086:0046).

Here is my actual status :

ç

=> Transparent menu bar OK.

Geforce.kext => Loaded

NVDAGF100Hal.kext => NOP, lots of lines about that one showing in verbose mode but can't load it.

=> Sys info telling IntelHD w/ 771MB VRAM and no more screen glitchs/artefacts.

Chameleon video info tells only 1024x768 available.

=> OSX still stuck at 1024x768 and doesn't seem to be QE/CI enabled (so slow compared to my CustoMacPro).

EDID override done but no difference (maybe because framebuffer kext not loaded)

manor can u tell us ur exact computer specs (cpu/gpu/...) and wich chameleon version ur using ?

Thanks.

Hey darchive.

I'm doing the same with my 4820T (very similar spec to yours)

I've also tried Cham 1162, still does not detect 1366 - Is it supposed to ? as this is only Vesa mode.

I've added EDID, extracted from linux, seems to make it worse on boot up.

I got both of these loaded

AppleHDGraphics.kext => Loaded

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext => Loaded

I noticed AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext is showing a PCI error on bootup.

Any progress on your end? I'm thinking it maybe something specific with our laptops.

Cheers.

@Jedis

I've tried booting without the Intel Kexts and I still don't get 1366, hence I'm trying to load the kexts now.

If your rig is going to native resolution can you please do a @video on your Chameleon bootup and see whether you're seeing all resolutions? I'm only seeing a max of 1024x768 - Thanks.

My solution was not to try that loader, but the way they modified it.

Perhaps we can bypass any EDID or com.boot.apple.plist check and set our own res, timing, ... in a custom chameleon to force it to work w/ our laptop display.

I want first to try again w/ an external monitor, to force chameleon w/ another resolution (didn't tried last time, didn't had the idea at that time...) to see if osx is booting with the same res (should be ok).

And the next thing i want to try is to boot w/ good EFI strings w/ all IntelHD kexts (including framebuffer) to see if a VNC connection shows everything loaded including QE/CI (as another post mentioned (don't remember who said u'll get a black screen but VNC perfect (QE/CI ok w/ all kext loaded)), so we'll know it IS a display issue (first a chameleon display issue, next an OSX display issue => no kext involved).

Hope this works cause no more ideas !

manor,

I just noticed you have Intel HD WITH Nvidia graphics card.

What about the rest of us that only have Intel HD with no Nvidia? Perhaps this is why we can load your edited kexts, but we don't get the full benefit?

What else can we try?

only Intel hd graphics

My solution was not to try that loader, but the way they modified it.

Perhaps we can bypass any EDID or com.boot.apple.plist check and set our own res, timing, ... in a custom chameleon to force it to work w/ our laptop display.

I want first to try again w/ an external monitor, to force chameleon w/ another resolution (didn't tried last time, didn't had the idea at that time...) to see if osx is booting with the same res (should be ok).

And the next thing i want to try is to boot w/ good EFI strings w/ all IntelHD kexts (including framebuffer) to see if a VNC connection shows everything loaded including QE/CI (as another post mentioned (don't remember who said u'll get a black screen but VNC perfect (QE/CI ok w/ all kext loaded)), so we'll know it IS a display issue (first a chameleon display issue, next an OSX display issue => no kext involved).

Hope this works cause no more ideas !

yes it was me...I can confirm...with a gfx string in apple.boot.com.plist you will get a black screen but in vnc everything will work fine...all kexts loaded, custom resolution, qe/ci (ie time machine, preview and all the appls that need qe/ci).....but black screen...I get a very fast flashing screen and the very beginning after the dmos arrived, device in slot 1...(ie from white to dark black then just a grey/black screen...it seems that the backlight panel is turned on but it cannot show anything)

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleo...ules/Resolution

Maybe we can just edit edid.c to return a specific edid or add support for 0046...

morkb can u post ur hardware specs ? intel only ? 0046 ?

Thanks

New try today w/ external monitor : can boot at any custom resolution supported in chameleon by specifying the res at boot

if i put "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024" in chameleon, OSX is booting at 1280x1024.

the solution to get native res is in chameleon.

manor gets native res because chameleon can actually find his native res, not because of any kext...

I cannot give full details right now as I'm at work and I have the pc at home

but..

I have intel hd 0046 rev 2 and ati 5470m...but ati never worked even if recognized by the system

somewhere here in the forum I found a link to a special verison of chameleon that was able to read the edid from boot and it worked (as in bdmsg I coudl see my right edid string (the same taken from windows) but I got the same result with or without edid..so I think edid is not the key...I also tried to put in the override display string..nothing

I think framebuffer will try to read the lcd panel...and if it doesn't find the right one (as apple panel) it won't show anything...I think there is something to change or in dsdt or in gfx string to make it work...but I cannot understand what!!

from ati forum

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=252061

i think this is the key.....we should edit the custom connector in framebuffer to enable internal lvds...but i cannot do as I have also ati card and the bios dump won't work for me...even everest in windows won't work in my case as video bios is integrated in HP notebook main bios...

but I think that's the way to follow

@darchive some good ideas there!

Have you loaded Resolution.dylib in Chameleon?. I was was going through notes and I'm still not convinced whether this module does anything at the moment. bdmesg shows it's loaded.

It'll be interesting to get feedback from people with native resolutions on the version of Chameleon and whether they have the module loaded.

Cheers.

@darchive some good ideas there!

Have you loaded Resolution.dylib in Chameleon?. I was was going through notes and I'm still not convinced whether this module does anything at the moment. bdmesg shows it's loaded.

It'll be interesting to get feedback from people with native resolutions on the version of Chameleon and whether they have the module loaded.

Cheers.

..in my opinion is useless....problem is framebuffer here...if we don't load it, we will get Qe/CI but with ripple effect....so what's the point...even if we are able to change resolution on the display..the ripple effect will still be there unless we load intel framebuffer....

as nate911 stated there was the place where I found the chameleon with correct edid detected by the boot loader

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1704705

...unless Resolution.dylib wiil make framebuffer works..

@morkb

Most of us can't get native resolution. It seems on some notebooks (dells etc) people have been getting native resolution from within Chameleon.

For those who are getting native res you can probably ignore this bit. It seems some people are getting native res without loading any additional kext and are getting native resolution support from Chameleon.

For those who are still getting 1024x768 try out Resolution.dylib and run ?video @chameleon boot prompt to see whether you get native res.

Cheers

yes I know I'm one of those that can't get custom resolution..just 1024x768 without framebuffer loaded

my point was, yes may be we will be able to get custom resolution...but without framebuffer is not usable...lot of ripple effects...that's why i think we should focus on framebuffer and the black screen problem..as only with framebuffer loaded the graphic card and the OS will be fully working...but this evening I will give a try with Resolution.dylib as you said...may be it's a good idea...I open to try out....:-)

cool.. join the club :) I would be happy if I got native res first, 1024 is making me go blind :)

I noticed in one of your older post you mentioned a custom version of chameleon that reads the EDID from the com.apple.boot.plist file, did you have any luck?

Cheers.