[Guide] Lion GM on Gigabyte 965P-DS4 (rev. 3.3)

Effendi

5 posts in this topic

Target OS: Lion GM / maybe Final

Last updated: 10th of Juli 2011

Hey there,

I thought I'd put together some info for other users of my good old board that are searching the forums for help.

1. Install Lion using Maldons method with some USB stick
  2. Attached you'll find the contents of my /Extra folder, including a working DSDT.aml (auto generated + required changes to get onboard LAN working!) and some required kexts.
  3. Also attached you'll find a replacement for AppleHDA.kext which enabled ALC888 sound. Install this next to /S/L/E!
  4. Please remember to edit com.apple.Boot.plist before using it, I defined some stuff like defaultPartition etc in it which most certainly will be different in your setup. Just remove the stuff you're not sure about, most settings are optional anyways.
  5. Cross fingers, good luck!

Obviously all I did was to put together the required kexts, so all credit goes to the specific developers of other guides I used and those who did the number-crunching for the kexts. Thanks to the community!

E.

Edited the above howto to reflect the changes to the ethernet part, updated Extra.zip with a new DSDT and a working kext for onboard LAN. Thanks to vmaraccini and Makimba! This should now help users with the same mainboard to get Lion up & running in less than 30 minutes :P

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Extra.zip

Edited by ruger42

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Effendi!

Ok, have everything working including Sound, Lan, and Graphics for a 8800 GTS 320. Please anyone who wants my extra folder drop a reply in here and i'll up it.

My DSDT contains graphics card information, so tidier than relying on kexts, also edited that same DSDT from effendi's method for LAN with the appropriate marvel kext as well.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but after a power surge I have lost all my previous work (And didn't think to upload my files here first ><)

So I appeal to anyone who may be able to help: Looking for installation files to help me on the following hardware

MOBO: Gigabyte 965P-DS4

Chip: Intel Q6600 quad core

GFX: Nvidia 8800GTS 320

Ideally, a modified DSDT.aml with my graphics and network and/or audio would be life changing for me at this point. I have spent the last week in front of my computer to no avail. Also the plist files and anything else in your extra that would help.

Also, I'm curious as to what version of chameleon seems to be most stable with people up to this point? I forget what version I was using last.

Using maldons method, I can install Lion fine - although when using chameleon on my boot partition i get the depreciation plist error that I can ignore and boot to my fresh partition fine... The problem is when I go to install Chameleon on new partition i get boot fail errors so not sure which version I should be using for my mobo.

So when I try booting from the boot partition I can get into my fresh lion install fine, but with all my files and kexts in there I can tell nothing (Audio, GFX, Network) has been loaded in.. Screen resolution changes but you can tell the gfx card, and chip is not running how it should..extremely slow