[GUIDE] P5QL-Pro and Fermi: Simple Generic USB Installer

edmoncu

39 posts in this topic

2.) Any news regarding sleep ? With me this isnt working either. Turning the computer to sleep... kicks it into a koma... means that its not pos to get it back to life... Also the power unit the harddisks and the fans are still working. Just the screens turn off. Anybody tried the sleep enabler kexts?

I tried speeper.kext or something like this and sleep mode like a charm, but wont restart))) after restart, BIOS to default..

No, I using BIOS 2 years old(by Juzzi if you know), cuz my motherboard P5Q, and when i Install 10.5.4 on it, but AHCI function is enabled. Maybe i need some BIOS?

When I don't install NVEnabler64.kext, Restart working good, Shutdown won't (freeze and BIOS to default) Sleep mode don't work (cuz video don't working) When i install NVEnabler64.kext, Shutdown and Sleep mode working good (I use Sleeper.kext in Extra-Extentions), but restart won't (freeze and BIOS to default).

I see that is problem with NVEnabler64.kext, cuz in Chameleon GraficsEnabler=Yes , don't work... only NVEnabler64 start my video with QE

I have the same mobo as yours, were you able to install it now? I wonder when will Robert make instructions for P5Q?

Sorry to bother you again...

Anybody has an idea why the network card stops working after a certain time?

The issues with the sleep isnt that bad... but that I have to restart good 6,7 times a day because the connection dies really makes it hard to work with the machine.

THNX

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, tanks for your method, my P5ql pro an P5qld pro works OK, but only one problem I install VoodooHDA_0.2.56.pkg, and lost capacity to conect to the network in 2 computers.

May you help me?

Hello again, after 2 reboots everything works perfectly, sorry if I caused confusion.

Thank you for the good work.

Sorry by my English.

Cheers

Edited by Erviajero

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great guide.Everything is working great!!!Sleep not working with 0601 bios.Another little annoying thing is that when i minimize or maximize windows they are moving little laggy and i thing thats Lion os bug.

My system:

cpu:Intel e5200

mb:p5ql-pro

gpu:8800gts 640mb

ram:4gb 800mhz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello and thanks for the guide!!

But I have a problem. I prepare USB with all, I can install Lion, I see the initial wizard to create the acount, but when finish return to the beginin to select keyboard.

Why is this?

One question in guide, when you say "Replace the OSInstall.mpkg on the USB > System > Installation with the OSInstall.mpkg attached here." Is it in Package directory? Because in USB > System > Installation don't exist OSInstall.mpkg.

Thanks and sorry in my english!