• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Bronya's latest 10.9.2 RC5/RC6/RC6_fix kernels do allow to update/install 10.9.2 and 10.9.3, but I'm experiencing trouble with graphics acceleration with my nVidia cards (GeForce 9800GT and/or GeForce GT610). That's an issue I was not experiencing with previous Mavericks versions or previous OS X releases, so it's work in progress...

Attached File  WS670_10.9.2.png   91.46KB   1 downloads

For Spakk:

Attached File  Precision670_extracted_dsdt.aml.zip   4.39KB   1 downloads Attached File  Precision670_extracted_dsdt.dsl.zip   9.03KB   1 downloads Attached File  Precision670_IOReg.zip   854.03KB   1 downloads Attached File  Precision670_SysProfiler.zip   228.9KB   1 downloads

IOReg dump taken with IORegistryExplorer v3.0.2 and raw DSDT extracted with Chameleon Wizard, having booted without any DSDT file.

Thank you!

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Following axmanA's research, graphics issues encountered since 10.9.2 are now sorted. The Precision 670 with GeForce 9800GT can now run 10.9.2/10.9.3/10.9.4 with Bronya's 10.9.2 RC5/RC6/RC6 fix/RC7 kernel with full (non-lagging) QE/CI if kexts IOPCIFamily + AppleACPIPlatform are replaced by versions from 10.9.1 or IOPCIFamily patched version from axmanA is used (I sticked to 1st option).

All running well, but there are small graphics defects like picture corruption when doing screen dumps, but that has been reported by other AMD kernel users too, so it's not specific to the Dell Precision 670 system. Other than that, everything looks perfect so far.  :thumbsup_anim:

Attached File  WS670_10.9.4.jpg   42.52KB   1 downloads

Attached File  WS670_10.9.4_desktop.jpg   164.44KB   1 downloads

Attached File  10.9.1_IOPCIFamily.kext.zip   75.56KB   5 downloads Attached File  10.9.1_AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip   219.97KB   6 downloads

Reverting to those 10.9.1 kexts also restores the ability to boot Mavericks on the Precision 670 off a USB external HDD. This was also lost from 10.9.2...

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Was running RC7, but experienced out the odd sudden system freeze when starting Skype. Reverted to RC6_fix (for old CPUs) and the freeze does not happen, so sticking to that. Need to recheck Sleep & Wake though...

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

RC5 gives me occasional small graphics artefacts, so I dismissed that one.

RC6 and RC6_fix run Ok, but I cannot get screen to wake after sleep. Screen stays off for some reason. I also have to boot without cache or Skype will freeze system when launched.

RC7 runs Ok and properly wakes system from sleep. However, and as indicated above, I have to boot without cache or Skype will also freeze system when launched.

The Skype freeze happens even if I manually rebuild cache after booting without. Something for Bronya to work on maybe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy