• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Sn1pest3r

Sn1pest3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
So, I successfully installed snow leo iatkos s3 v2 on my acer aspire m3640 via vmware (installed mac os x on sata hdd and then installed the real mac os x inside vmware on my other hdd but IDE), but, after i restart the pc, after the os loads for a while then i get a kernel panic. So i tryed to boot with -v and found out that the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is giving me trouble (the panic), so, what can i do?

P.S. i installed Vodoo P-state

And for some reason the disabler.kext won't run

rlf

rlf

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

So, I successfully installed snow leo iatkos s3 v2 on my acer aspire m3640 via vmware (installed mac os x on sata hdd and then installed the real mac os x inside vmware on my other hdd but IDE), but, after i restart the pc, after the os loads for a while then i get a kernel panic. So i tryed to boot with -v and found out that the AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext is giving me trouble (the panic), so, what can i do?

P.S. i installed Vodoo P-state

Rename the AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext to AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext.bak so it doesn't load.

In Terminal:
cd /System/Library/Extensions
sudo mv AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext.bak
Delete the cache file: /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext

Sn1pest3r

Sn1pest3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
so, that way worked, but only now i noticed that none of the needed kexts are booting (disabler.kext, fakesmc.kext etc), in -v mode says that these kext fail to run, what should i do?

rlf

rlf

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

so, that way worked, but only now i noticed that none of the needed kexts are booting (disabler.kext, fakesmc.kext etc), in -v mode says that these kext fail to run, what should i do?

It sounds like a permissions problem.

Try to boot in single user mode (-s). You should end up with a command prompt. At the prompt, type the following commands:

mount -uw /
chown -R root:wheel /Extra/Extensions
chmod -R 755 /Extra/Extensions
cd /System/Library
chown -R root:wheel Extensions
chmod -R 755 Extensions
reboot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy