Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT

-!N-

80 posts in this topic

Okay definitely something wrong with the injector - it appears to have loaded but not injected all the correct keys.

do you get messages from ATY_Init loading in the log while using this configuration?

You can try to remove ATY_Init, then make an EFI string for chameleon with EFI studio or something including the properties that are listed in the 2400 ATY_Init personality. Then try to load all the kexts I supplied except ATY_Init.

I'll try that right away. I just installed each kext individually, restarting after every one. If I don't install ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin it actually goes beyond where it was before, flashes blue and then stays white... could still be on vesa though

Edit:I made an efi string with EFI studio using the code inside of ATY_Init (attached) pasted after the pciroot____ thing. I also attached my boot plist. I haven't tried using a vga monitor plugged in yet but i do have a dummy for pins 1, 6 and 2, 12. The problem is that the internal monitor flashes blue before going black.... and the cpu fan stops working.... its almost as if it goes to sleep. I think were getting somewhere!

Boot_Plist.txt

EFI_String.txt

I'll try that right away. I just installed each kext individually, restarting after every one. If I don't install ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin it actually goes beyond where it was before, flashes blue and then stays white... could still be on vesa though

Edit:I made an efi string with EFI studio using the code inside of ATY_Init (attached) pasted after the pciroot____ thing. I also attached my boot plist. I haven't tried using a vga monitor plugged in yet but i do have a dummy for pins 1, 6 and 2, 12. The problem is that the internal monitor flashes blue before going black.... and the cpu fan stops working.... its almost as if it goes to sleep. I think were getting somewhere!

Yes that's the display going to sleep when it goes black. if it does that then ATINDRV is loading.

If you have a setting in your BIOS that allows you to select only external monitor when it is plugged in (usually called "Auto select" or somthing) try booting like that with all the kexts (including GA etc, except ATY_Init of course) and your dummy plug or an external.

This is what works for me (The external has to be plugged in for the internal to later switch on. working on that ;) )

Yes that's the display going to sleep when it goes black. if it does that then ATINDRV is loading.

If you have a setting in your BIOS that allows you to select only external monitor when it is plugged in (usually called "Auto select" or somthing) try booting like that with all the kexts (including GA etc, except ATY_Init of course) and your dummy plug or an external.

This is what works for me (The external has to be plugged in for the internal to later switch on. working on that :( )

Unfortunately no, I do not. Is there a dsdt mod that could fix this? or a bios modder that would be willing to add something in?

I posted a new topic in the dsdt section: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1692809

What about FN + F5 and/or FN + F6 (for Travelmate 7720G: It's for switching from internal to external screen (F5), F6 is for starting mirroring and its hardware contrcolled afaik), could that work?

EDIT: Tried it: No change.

What about FN + F5 and/or FN + F6 (for Travelmate 7720G: It's for switching from internal to external screen (F5), F6 is for starting mirroring and its hardware contrcolled afaik), could that work?

EDIT: Tried it: No change.

Ya... doesn't work for me either

I also tried InsomniaX to prevent sleeping which of course didn't work

Also I don't think that fn + f5 is hardware controlled... unless it just works with the dvi port

I've tried unlplugging the internal monitor after boot and before boot, after bootup it still sleeps, and before bootup it completely cuts off the signal to the port

Unfortunately no, I do not. Is there a dsdt mod that could fix this? or a bios modder that would be willing to add something in?

I posted a new topic in the dsdt section: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1692809

if only one of your monitors are going to sleep, it might be possible to alter a _DSS method in DSDT to enable proper switching, but not if both are asleep I suspect. Let me get this straight - if you boot with an external plugged in, they both goto sleep? Is the backlight on in the internal panel, even though the display is off?

As expected we got these 2 outputs: VGA & DVI

1.1 When I plug in VGA and no DVI, the VGA monitor works the same as the internal. (showing all, ending with blue screen, going off then)

1.2 When I plug in VGA and DVI, the VGA monitor does not show any boot sequenz (not even the bios post) and stays in standby all the time. The DVI monitor then does the same like the VGA one in 1.1. I see the blue screen, right after osx has loaded, and then the internal goes off and external DVI shows "No signal.".

In a conclusion: If DVI is attached VGA stays off, but the VGA monitor shows the same (when only vga is attached) as the DVI monitor when it is attached.

Hope this is somehow understandable :)

As expected we got these 2 outputs: VGA & DVI

1.1 When I plug in VGA and no DVI, the VGA monitor works the same as the internal. (showing all, ending with blue screen, going off then)

1.2 When I plug in VGA and DVI, the VGA monitor does not show any boot sequenz (not even the bios post) and stays in standby all the time. The DVI monitor then does the same like the VGA one in 1.1. I see the blue screen, right after osx has loaded, and then the internal goes off and external DVI shows "No signal.".

In a conclusion: If DVI is attached VGA stays off, but the VGA monitor shows the same (when only vga is attached) as the DVI monitor when it is attached.

Hope this is somehow understandable :)

I can't test DVI, because I don't have one, but is the backlight on in internal even if the display is off after booting with VGA plugged in?

Unfortunately there is nothing to see but a black screen, so no image. The external monitor goes to standby by saying "No signal.", then led of it turn orange.

The volume sounds when increasing/decreasing the volume don't appear aswell.

In addition to that hdd/cpu led stops flashing and turns off entirely. :)

Unfortunately there is nothing to see but a black screen, so no image. The external monitor goes to standby by saying "No signal.", then led of it turn orange.

The volume sounds when increasing/decreasing the volume don't appear aswell.

In addition to that hdd/cpu led stops flashing and turns off entirely. :)

I know already there's no image, what I want to know is if the internal backlight is on? that is important from a driver connector point of view. It would be really much easier to work with this if you guys had osxvnc installed.

I know already there's no image, what I want to know is if the internal backlight is on? that is important from a driver connector point of view. It would be really much easier to work with this if you guys had osxvnc installed.

Sorry, but I don't really have another computer I could use. As for the internal display I do think that it doesn't fully go to sleep as you can see a bar kind of moving up and down along the bottom. If I unplug the internal connection the display almost seems to get lighter(???) but if I plug it back in there definitely is a difference (there still is some sort of signal). I can't really tell if the internal backlight is on or not, especially since when I plug back in the display it seems to get darker, this could just be the backlight I'm not really sure.

Well, backlight is off, so there is no change of anything if I pull the power cord.

I could restore the boot.plist to make it boot in vesa again and setup and give you an address where you can have a look at all by yourself, via vnc (Ive already checked "Share Screen" for a long time, but all I see when display show discopixels is the same via vnc, and with efi string booted the network isn up so there is no way of connecting to it when booted with via. It's like hole machine is frozen.

EDIT: Looking even closer, i can see some sort of bars moving its as if screen has only red pixels "on". I gonna check with more light in a minute...

EDIT: Although i did nothing screen changed and now i see those bars even better, i bet they havent been there before :/

Like i said - about to reboot with more light (network connection is still not available)...

EDIT: Shot some photos and a video. Sorry for the bad quality, phones a bit loopy :)

post-427657-1307288453_thumb.jpg

post-427657-1307288576_thumb.png

VID_20110605_173514.3gp.zip

post-427657-1307288683_thumb.jpg

Well, backlight is off, so there is no change of anything if I pull the power cord.

I could restore the boot.plist to make it boot in vesa again and setup and give you an address where you can have a look at all by yourself, via vnc (Ive already checked "Share Screen" for a long time, but all I see when display show discopixels is the same via vnc, and with efi string booted the network isn up so there is no way of connecting to it when booted with via. It's like hole machine is frozen.

EDIT: Looking even closer, i can see some sort of bars moving its as if screen has only red pixels "on". I gonna check with more light in a minute...

EDIT: Although i did nothing screen changed and now i see those bars even better, i bet they havent been there before :/

Like i said - about to reboot with more light (network connection is still not available)...

EDIT: Shot some photos and a video. Sorry for the bad quality, phones a bit loopy :)

Could both you guys make sure that you are not using @0,display-link-component-bits?

Could both you guys make sure that you are not using @0,display-link-component-bits?

This is what I used for the efi string(inserted after the pciroot____ key). It has @0,display-link-component-bits. I'll take it out and try again.

Edit:Tried taking it out... didn't do anything for me

INIT.txt

This is what I used for the efi string(inserted after the pciroot____ key). It has @0,display-link-component-bits. I'll take it out and try again.

Edit:Tried taking it out... didn't do anything for me

I just realised the no-hotplug-support and no-hotplug-interrupt flags could be messing things up too - could you try again with these removed too?

No change

Hmm this is most annoying. I'd like to get this sorted soon and move onto finding a fix for openGL/CL on 10.6, because the 10.6.7 MBP drivers themselves are much more tolerant of connection variations. I will try to dig some more for you guys.

@0xdeadbeef: Did I got this right? If we do not get it to work on 10.5 there might be a way of getting it to work on 10.6.7? I mean, this would be even better :) But I think that we should firstly take a look at the modified DSDT from LatinMcGyver75. Unfortunately i dont understand much of dsdt. So Dyckyj needs to try this.

@0xdeadbeef: Did I got this right? If we do not get it to work on 10.5 there might be a way of getting it to work on 10.6.7? I mean, this would be even better :P But I think that we should firstly take a look at the modified DSDT from LatinMcGyver75. Unfortunately i dont understand much of dsdt. So Dyckyj needs to try this.

Well I got the Framebuffer working on 10.6.7 no problem, but there's a known problem with OpenGL that means we can't have CI/QE. I'm not sure what it is, but 10.6 works on 2400 iMacs so there should be a workaround somehow.

So, should we make all the way to 10.6.7? You have just to say so :P

I cannot value where it might be easier to achive qe/ci, so i would say, at least for myself, i do want you tell us to do :)

So, should we make all the way to 10.6.7? You have just to say so :P

I cannot value where it might be easier to achive qe/ci, so i would say, at least for myself, i do want you tell us to do :)

I can't guarantee we can find a solution for 10.6 - I have tried looking at OpenGL but so far failed. However if 10.6.8 includes the same graphics architecture as was in the 10.6.7 MBP update, we may have better luck. would be nice to get 10.5 working for you guys too though.

I can't guarantee we can find a solution for 10.6 - I have tried looking at OpenGL but so far failed. However if 10.6.8 includes the same graphics architecture as was in the 10.6.7 MBP update, we may have better luck. would be nice to get 10.5 working for you guys too though.

Still no luck for me with 10.5.8. Heres my system log with the new dsdt if you wanna check it out

system.txt

Reinstalled 10.6.3, then did Comboupdate to 10.6.6 and used 10.6.7 ATI kext by [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] installer (ran it). DSDT is patched.

Now i get this: post-427657-1307892554_thumb.jpg

Someone knows what went wrong?

EDIT: On 10.6.3 i had VGA-out working, with full res, but no qe/ci (been in safe mode), internal didn't show anything (It normal mode internal "lost colour" step by step, external did show grey screen. network was up (ping replied, but no vnc accessable then whole pc froze (ping stoped)). I did a timemachine backup on 10.6.3 so i could go back...

Solved it! The bootloader was misconfigured. I'm now using dsdt from Dyckyj. Booting in safe mode 2400Controller kext and ATISupport kext is loaded. when booting in normal mode both screen turn black, but backlight stays on. Pc does not freeze aswell, but slows down heavily: Changing volume gives me these "bloop" sounds, but half a minute later after i have pressed keys. VNC show black screen, just like display and monitor.

EDIT: Did the combo update 10.6.7 and now got it fully working over vnc. The internal display and external monitor still show black image with background light switched on. Res change is available.

post-427657-1307900796_thumb.png

post-427657-1307900842_thumb.png

post-427657-1307900989_thumb.png

Reinstalled 10.6.3, then did Comboupdate to 10.6.6 and used 10.6.7 ATI kext by [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] installer (ran it). DSDT is patched.

Now i get this: post-427657-1307892554_thumb.jpg

Someone knows what went wrong?

EDIT: On 10.6.3 i had VGA-out working, with full res, but no qe/ci (been in safe mode), internal didn't show anything (It normal mode internal "lost colour" step by step, external did show grey screen. network was up (ping replied, but no vnc accessable then whole pc froze (ping stoped)). I did a timemachine backup on 10.6.3 so i could go back...

Solved it! The bootloader was misconfigured. I'm now using dsdt from Dyckyj. Booting in safe mode 2400Controller kext and ATISupport kext is loaded. when booting in normal mode both screen turn black, but backlight stays on. Pc does not freeze aswell, but slows down heavily: Changing volume gives me these "bloop" sounds, but half a minute later after i have pressed keys. VNC show black screen, just like display and monitor.

EDIT: Did the combo update 10.6.7 and now got it fully working over vnc. The internal display and external monitor still show black image with background light switched on. Res change is available.

Ok I shall try to supply you a patched ATIFramebuffer.kext for 10.6.7, see if we can get your displays to switch on.