• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

TimmyK.

TimmyK.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Hello. Earlier today I did some research on the won't wake up from sleep problem (see this thread for more details). I tried a few things, none of which worked, it was still a black screen. I restarted it with the bootloader disk in, and when I selected Hackintosh, after showing the apple logo it said it must restart the computer. I did, and it gave me that message again. Every time I boot up, this happens. What can I do?

Also, are Hackintoshes known for being quirky or is this just a case of user stupidity?

itsjared

itsjared

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
try booting up into safe mode,

at the Chameleon screen press any key and when the prompt comes up type "-x" and that will boot it up into safe mode.

Sounds like you have a graphics card issue. Use something like ##### to install new kexts.
Make sure you rebuild the caches and then hit reboot.

TimmyK.

TimmyK.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
So then using ##### will work when you're not using ##### as your emulator? And will ##### fix my sleep mode problem?

TimmyK.

TimmyK.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Sounds like you have a graphics card issue. Use something like ##### to install new kexts.
Make sure you rebuild the caches and then hit reboot.

OK, so I booted up in safe mode. Is it not supposed to connect with external devices in safe mode? My flash drive won't connect. So I am downloading #####. And how do I install the new kexts and rebuild the caches? Do I just run the ##### package?

I guess so. It boots up fine now. Thank you for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy