Korg error 0-00000

Trigue

31 posts in this topic

Try creating a new user account, make it administrator and delete your old account. Just an idea. I don't know if it will help. Make sure to move your personal files (the contents of any folders that 'belong' to your username) somewhere else before deleting your old account.

Sounds like it could be a permissions issue but unfortunately (as far as I know) the tools that come with OS X that you'd use to fix this cannot automatically set the correct permission for 3rd party software. I'm not sure how this works exactly...this might apply only to kernel extensions that were installed manually.

Anyway to fix permissions automatically, you must boot from your install DVD (distro/hacked DVD will do), run Disk Utility from the tools menu, select your system drive and then click 'Repair Disk Permissions'. You must boot from the DVD, Disk Utility will not fix permission on the same installation that it is running from.

Try it and see, it can't do any harm.

Hey Gringo, I did what you suggested as well as reinstalled the drivers. Everything went well until I reinstalled TextUtility 2.3.2. I don't why I did, I thought it was one of the installers that came with the packages I downloaded for my Hack Build. Anyway, somehow the locking code got reset and I followed your last instructions, #1 seemed to be the easiest. But to no avail. This is my revised com.apple.boot.plist in my HD/extra folder:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>y</string>

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>1</string>

</dict>

</plist>

I uploaded my Networkinterfaces.plist as well. What I did first was edit my com.apple.boot.plist, then deleted my networkinfaces.plist, rebooted, performed repair disk permissions. I thought this would restore my IOBuiltin to true, but it didn't.

I apologize in advance; I know I must be one of the dumbest members on this forum. I wanted to try the other methods you mentioned (w/the links you provided), but the guy on the other forum warned that it was for experienced Hackintosh users which I'm clearly not, at the moment.

I feel like a complete heel!! I should have copied the networkinterfaces.plist and apple.boot.plist first to avoid adverse any changes.

post-571616-1315328782_thumb.png

First of all..as I said earlier in the thread..you need to pay attention to the little details because they are very important in situations like this...your Boot.plist has the Timeout key and string twice. Maybe that has something to do with it, maybe not, whatever, it shouldn't be there twice. Try removing the first one and see if anything changes.

I uploaded my Networkinterfaces.plist as well.

No you didn't, it's not attached to your post. I know the following probably makes me sound like an arrogant asshat :wacko: - but I'm not joking when I say that it's important that you pay attention to what you write and what you do. When you give the impression that I have to verify that you are actually doing everything that you say my motivation to help you quickly goes *poof*

Anyway, Networkinterfaces.plist is not important and you don't need to back it up or upload it, believe me (when I say for the nth time...!) that the only thing that matters is that you delete it and reboot after making you make changes to your installation that will affect the order (en0 en1 etc) of your ethernet devices.

If you have already found a solution "for experienced Hackintosh users" then go as far as you can until you get stuck and then ask here...this way you can become an "experienced Hackintosh user" too. :) I will not do the work for you but I can help if you ask specific questions.

In your IORegistryExplorer screenshot, the Realtek driver is loaded for two devices.

What about the other one (EN1) does it also have IOBuiltIn as False?

Are you using both ethernet ports? If not, try disabling one of them in your BIOS and see if anything changes. If nothing changes, try disabling the other one..obviously don't forget to change the plug accordingly..

If nothing changes, I guess you will have to patch this in your DSDT.

There are lots of posts here about how to do this on Gigabyte EP45 series boards (GIGE/LAN0 device)

Are you loading a patched DSDT.aml from /Extra already? If so, right-click it, click compress and attach it here. I'll take a look at it but I can't promise you that I'll be able to fix it.

You're right (concerning being detailed oriented in my post) ...however, I did click the browse button and clicked upload, but it didn't do it. And I did correct that double timeout string and the results are the same. Thanks for your time and I will be more careful; I'm trying my best to understand.

I didn't find a solution, I was trying my best to follow the guide you provided in your last post; options 1,2 & 3. I tried option one by changing the com.apple.boot.plist, but that didn't work. When I tried following the others guides, I just got lost because some of the instructions seem foreign to me like DSDTE, EFI Strings, GFXUtil, etc...

If nothing changes, I guess you will have to patch this in your DSDT.

There are lots of posts here about how to do this on Gigabyte EP45 series boards (GIGE/LAN0 device)

Are you loading a patched DSDT.aml from /Extra already? If so, right-click it, click compress and attach it here. I'll take a look at it but I can't promise you that I'll be able to fix it.

Perfect example, I DL'ed DSDTE app, but how to patch????? I do have one and will attach it.DSDT.aml.zip

By the way, both ports are showing Boolean False and disabling one still did nothing.

Thanks.