DP 2 CPU check in boot.efi

dougaa

3 posts in this topic

Sorry if this is a little off-topic, but I'm trying to get DP 2 to run on a 2006 MacBook Pro with a Core Duo (not Core 2 Duo) CPU. The Core Duo doesn't support 64 bits. For DP 1, all I had to do was add the board id to PlatformSupport.plist. For DP 2 it never gets that far. With a verbose boot, there is a message from boot.efi that OS X can't run on an unsupported 32-bit CPU. I checked mach_kernel, and it is a fat (32/64-bit) binary, so it should run if I can just get it to boot. I tried replacing boot.efi with the version from DP 1. When I did that, I didn't get the unsupported message, but booting hung after getting only a little further. Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...
Sorry if this is a little off-topic, but I'm trying to get DP 2 to run on a 2006 MacBook Pro with a Core Duo (not Core 2 Duo) CPU. The Core Duo doesn't support 64 bits. For DP 1, all I had to do was add the board id to PlatformSupport.plist. For DP 2 it never gets that far. With a verbose boot, there is a message from boot.efi that OS X can't run on an unsupported 32-bit CPU. I checked mach_kernel, and it is a fat (32/64-bit) binary, so it should run if I can just get it to boot. I tried replacing boot.efi with the version from DP 1. When I did that, I didn't get the unsupported message, but booting hung after getting only a little further. Any suggestions?

Hello! :( I have same problem here with DP3! (iMac 4,1 Coreduo) Did you finally get your system to boot with DP2?

If not, could you please upload the DP1 boot.efi to give it a try and see what it does please?

Thanks and I really hope there's a solution!!

• 1 month later...