BadAxe 2 CPU fans in DSDT, Help required...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Logicpro9_user

Logicpro9_user

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Hi guys, I am trying to get FAN readings from my motherboard using the new method with Acpimonitor.kext from project osx forms. Tis is what I have learned so far.

Fakesmc.kext works to read cpu core temps, GPU temps and Drive temps. We should all get this.

There now a kext that monitors the ACPI of your system, Acpimonitor.kext this detects information from the hardware monitor chip on the motherboard, The bad axe 2 chip is an SMSC Sensor chip (Model LPC47M182). But it has to be in your DSDT for it to read it.

So far I have edited my DSDT to get cpu voltage reading in istats via this Acpimonitor.kext. I am now trying to get a fan reading out of it, but the problem is I am not sure how to go about getting the information about the fans on the bad axe 2 motherboard to add to my DSDT.

I have tried the hack from the DSDTSE program which is..

Device (FAN)
				{
					Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0B"))
					Name (_PSC, 0x00)
					Method (_PS0, 0, NotSerialized)
					{
					   \_TZ.PFAN._ON ()
					   SFAN(0x03)
					}

Method (_PS1, 0, NotSerialized)
					{
						SFAN (0x01)
					}

Method (_PS2, 0, NotSerialized)
					{
						SFAN (0x02)
					}

Method (_PS3, 0, NotSerialized)
					{
						\_TZ.PFAN._OFF ()
					}

But I get a compile error as the device (FAN) don't exist on the bad axe 2 motherboard It must be called something else. this is the information i am trying to find out. but really not sure where to start.

Can anyone shine some light on this subject? it is very possible to get the fan readings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy