The Problems & Solutions Thread

iAqua

1 post in this topic

The truth is -- Leopard is a developer preview release. While I find most applications and features stable, it is not actually a stable release by any means. This means there will be (and there are) bugs.

Since I keep coming across different thinks, and I quickly find a solution to most things, I thought I'd start a thread where we can all share different tricks to solve problems in Leopard.

Please only post problems and solutions. If you find a bug and you are not sure how to fix it, and there is not an existing thread about it, please make a new thread about it.

Problem:

Occasionally, my monitor's backlight will start flickering a bit, with the brightness changing. Finally, the brightness level will go down a lot, even though the system claims it's as highest as it can go.

Solution:

Press F14 and turn down the brightness fully. Once you're at the last notch, the whole screen may go dark (another bug in Leopard). Now turn it back up to what you had it set to (probably full) using F15. If this does not work once, try it again.

Safari Problems

Problem:

Safari starts telling me a script is taking too long to load, and asks me if I want to Continue or Stop, when I go to any site with JavaScript. This happens a few seconds after the script starts being executed. 

Solution:  

Go to Safari -> Quit, and reopen Safari. This is only a temporary fix, and the problem is most likely going to start occurring again, and you'll need to do this again.