Problem with Albert's Mac OS X VMWare unlocker?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

M. Gazzo

M. Gazzo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I tried Albert Nietsnie's Mac OS X VMWare unlocker, which should open up the possibility to install Mac OS X Snow Leopard Client in VMWare. However, I have difficulties getting it to work. Mac OS X Installer hangs during boot for some reason, displaying a stop sign (looks a bit like a grey "Ø" mirrored). I have applied the unlocker in Fusion version 3.1.2 on an 17" i5 MacBook Pro, which produced the following output:

Mac OS X guest unlocker for VMware, version 7

Directory /Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion:
File vmware-vmx:
Unlocking Mac OS X guest on non-Mac host ...
Unlocking Mac OS X Client guest (method 0) ...
File vmware-vmx-debug:
File vmware-vmx-stats:

File /Applications/VMware Fusion.app/Contents/MacOS/vmware:
Unlocking Mac OS X guest on non-Mac OS X host (method 0) ...

I used an image of the retail version of Mac OS X Snow Leopard to boot from.

Have anyone else come across this with known solution to the problem?

Any help is surely appreciated

M. Gazzo

M. Gazzo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I think it has something to do with the OS version not being compatible with my MacBook. The latest retail OS X 10.6 is update 3 but I think I need at least update 5 to boot on the i5 but there is not retail version beyond update 3. I can also not create an image with the DVD that came with the MacBook. It appears that only retail versions will work.

However, I am not sure that this is the reason but this is my current assumption.

trungpt

trungpt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
I'm sorry when replying to an old thread but I meet this problem too. After showing the Apple logo for a minute, it shows a prohibited sign :( I'm stuck here for Snow Leopard but I can install Lion and Mountain Lion on my VMWare workstation v9.0.1.

Could anyone help us? I used VMWare unlocker v1.1.0, Apple Mac OS X Snow Leopard v10.6.7-HOTiSO DVD to install (I converted from dmg to iso successfully). Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: I find out that the problem comes from Mac OS X Snow Leopard v10.6.7-HOTiSO, this release is not retail. Just use the retail DVD and everthing is fine :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy