3 replies to this topic

Darkzide

Darkzide

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Hello everyone
I had no luck installing this kext on my SL (CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext) when i tried to install it with terminal using the install.sh this showed up...

Installing CMI8738 kernel extension...cp: CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext: No such file or directoryfind: /System/Library/Extensions/CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext: No such file or directoryfind: /System/Library/Extensions/CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext: No such file or directorychown: /System/Library/Extensions/CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext: No such file or directory/System/Library/Extensions/CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) not found; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).Installation finished - enjoy! dogbert

and nothing happens, i installed the kext with kext helper and nothing, the same thing and if i try to install via terminal with the kext installed previously at extensions, it automatically delates the kext, i saw in another topic that a guy got a sucessfull install using "arch=i386" i tried that and nothing, i really need to install this, the sound of my motherboard its pretty weak -.-

Note: didnt work on 10.6.3, 10.6.4, 10.6.5

EDIT: Final Solution found!!!

Hello ^_^ i finally got the soultion to this driver on Snow Leopard, i rebuilt the driver and it works like a charm, i will attach the files, ENJOY!

Attached Files

wmarsh

wmarsh

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
Dogbert wrote this driver back in the 10.4.1 days.

At one point I recompiled it for later versions of Tiger, but stopped maintaining it as I got my onboard sound to work.
http://www.insanelym...p...ost&p=47337

To use it in Leopard or Snow Leopard, I am sure it would at least need recompiling. Possibly some code tweaking as well.

The source code used to be available on SourceForge. I don't think its been maintained for years.

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
I know this is an old topic but...
Is there anyone got microphone working with CMI8738?

Guitardood1

Guitardood1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello everyone
I had no luck installing this kext on my SL (CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext) when i tried to install it with terminal using the install.sh this showed up...

Installing CMI8738 kernel extension...cp: CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext: No such file or directoryfind: /System/Library/Extensions/CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext: No such file or directoryfind: /System/Library/Extensions/CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext: No such file or directorychown: /System/Library/Extensions/CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext: No such file or directory/System/Library/Extensions/CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) not found; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).Installation finished - enjoy! dogbert

and nothing happens, i installed the kext with kext helper and nothing, the same thing and if i try to install via terminal with the kext installed previously at extensions, it automatically delates the kext, i saw in another topic that a guy got a sucessfull install using "arch=i386" i tried that and nothing, i really need to install this, the sound of my motherboard its pretty weak -.-

Note: didnt work on 10.6.3, 10.6.4, 10.6.5

EDIT: Final Solution found!!!

Hello ;) i finally got the soultion to this driver on Snow Leopard, i rebuilt the driver and it works like a charm, i will attach the files, ENJOY!

You should probably have included in your 'SOLVED' post that it does not work on 64-bit SL as there is only a 32-bit MACH-O object in the kext.

GD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy