• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

scififan68

scififan68

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Well I struggled months with a kp similar to yours and it turned out it was my 120GB Western Digital with a free fall sensor, the solution is to get a newer Western Digital(I have a 500GB WD in my netbook) without the sensor or another brand of hard drive.
Posted Image
Does this look like your kp?

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
interesting point because I have a WD Caviar Black 320 - but the BEKT without fall sensor (BJKT is with sensor)
......and yes - the panic looks the same

00diabolic

00diabolic

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Modding anything.
I found out I was running a temp monitor app in my dashboard (istat Pro). I removed it and so far no KP. I will report back if I see it as it is an elusive KP.. It might prove once again that it is the temp monitors that are the culprit. Sucks that you cant even run them in your dashboard. Might also prove that it is dashboard only temp monitors that cause this issue (since Ive had these in here all along).. hmmmm be nice if it was..

I also have written meklort as he had mentioned here that he was going to rewrite the ApplePS2controller and AppleACPIPS2Nub kext to address this vary KP.. Not sure if he ever got around to it but ill update here if I hear from him. I also informed him of this discussion. I am using voodoops2 for my trackpad which I believe replaces AppleACPIps2Nub so unless voodoo has the same bad code that could rule that kext out.. will report back on that 2.

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,286 posts
reading your post I guess it is time to post my result also.

after deleting all sensors the panics decreased dramatically, but unfortunately they didn´t disappear.
I have still one or two panics in two weeks with daily use.

next thing I will do is take out the Atheros mini pcie and test.

00diabolic

00diabolic

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Modding anything.
I cant live without mPCI.. If thats the cause I give up.

I really hope that it is something else but I 2 turned off all my sensors and still got the crash... I wish others got this that would really help get us a solution. Since its so rare thats why we have no help with it.

Anyone else experiencing this?

pr0ton

pr0ton

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ha, finally found this thread so I can share my kernel panic. Scrolling with the cursor keys in Safari gives me the same 'unlocked mutex' kernel panic as seen here.

I have a MSI U123 netbook with the Intel Atom N280 CPU, the kernel is patched on the fly with latest Meklort's bootloader (Chameleon RC5 - rev. 972). The .kext's in my /Extra/Extensions folder are: AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext (updated one from Slice: link), ApplePS2Controller.kext (also from Slice: link), FakeSMC.kext (2.7.2 - rev. 495), AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext (updated one from prasys).

I immediately trashed out the iStats widget from the Dashboard, will see in next days if it helps.. After that I could try using an USB keyboard for a while (and removing PS2 kexts).

EDIT: Have been scrolling whole day without a single kernel panic after removing iStats widget :unsure:.

pr0ton

pr0ton

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Wrong, still get a kernel panic, maybe not so often, but a reproducible kernel panic ;)

Well, or this kernel panic has magically disappeared for some users or people live with it nowadays.

oneclick

oneclick

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
my experience

I have a samsung N310
I changed the miniPCI card and have the same KP
once every 4 days

My card is a Broadcom 4310
(viewed as a native airport)

Posted Image

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,286 posts
after a long time I must confirm that reason number one was the atheros wlan card. I replaced it with a BCM4311 and the kp´s are gone. also I replaced the intel 4565 in my daughter´s toshiba with the atheros, and boom......kp unlocked mutex.

It seems that we have to live with that - we can reduce the kp´s not using smc monitoring

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,480 posts
In my case, it seems the "keyboard drivers" problem was always related to Intel Dynamic Acceleration (IDA), from some time ago on my old CPU T5470 (IDA=1800 mhz) had the mentioned Kernel Panic. Even, after the CPU upgrade, I tested with factory p-states (PSS) of the new T8100, including IDA (2300 Mhz), and same {censored} thing, as expected. But since I have custom p-states in my DSDT (Name (_PSS, Package...), commented out the IDA one, these KP is absolutely gone.

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,286 posts
very interesting. did you test it also with p-states generated by chameleon bootloader? does it have to be in dsdt?

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,480 posts
1) My bad HP BIOS and SSDT tables are not friendly with Chameleon automatic generation of p-states, always bring me very wrong values. But honestly, I have not tested that option about this specific problem before.

2) Yes, I have it all my custom p-states (also undervolted each one) in DSDT. I think is the best way to exclude IDA. The IORegistryExplorer application is very useful for that, booting factory p-states (in my case loaded natively from SSDTs) to obtain those values. Please see my dsdt.dsl v0.20 for reference.

3) No IDA = about -100 points in geekbench. That's is logically expected behavior you know. Sorry my english.

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,286 posts
where can I download your dsdt?

I activated p-states in chameleon settings and dropped the native ones - I will report if it works. fortunately the panics still appeared once in two weeks, therefore it could take a while to find out ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy