IASL UB (32+64) UPDATED

M@dMac

5 posts in this topic

LATEST IASL VERSION 20101209-UB

Notice that even though there is no such a thing as "-UB" I'm just calling it like that because it is a binary containing both architectures, so here is what I did to get it done:

1) Downloaded acpica-master.tar.bz2 as by Kabyl's instructions posted on the other site, search for "kabyl iasl" and you will find it, then I unpacked it under ~/tmp creating a folder called acpica-master, the full path is ~/tmp/acpica-master

2) Downloaded the script release.sh.gz posted at the same topic a few posts down following kabyl's instructions, placed it unpacked under ~/tmp/acpica-master and ran it, then did the rest for building it twice:

2.1) Booted with arch=i386 and built 32 bit version, then...

2.2) Booted with arch=i386 -force64 and ran make clean under ~/tmp/acpica-master/unixtemp/compiler followed by the stuff kabyl's showed at the compile from scratch topic to build it 64 bits

3) copied both binaries to ~/tmp as iasl.32 and iasl.64, then used lipo to join them like: $ lipo iasl.32 iasl.64 -create -output iasl, that gave me a binary with both 32 and 64 versions, but way too heavy, 1.5Mb, so...

4) downloaded upx source and the tools needed to compile it, ucl and lzma, I did almost the same with it as by step 3 to get an universal binary file, I posted the resulting universal upx here at the forums, please search.

5) So, after like an hour or so I ended up with the universal binary I'm posting here, I also took the time to download latest versions of the tools where we usually would find this tool included, such as DSDTSE, DSDT Editor, iASLme, and posted here the same unmodified appz with my updated iasl in them, here you will find them, hope you download and use them, if you find them useful please post it at the respective topics.

please understand that even though there are other places where to find this tool/procedure I found more or less more useful to open a new topic for it since it is quite different from my perspective at least. enjoy.

iasl.zip

DSDTSE.zip

DSDTEditor.zip

iASLme.zip

to pack the binary and trim it down under 500k I used:

upx.zip

thanks for sharing! :)

EDIT: re-fixed attachments... :D