Clean install Windows 7 using OEM key found on purchased computer?

unvaluablespace

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys. This forum seems pretty well informed, and I figured since most of you here can hackintosh, and multi-boot multiple OS's, then hopefully someone can help me.

I bought a Lenovo S10-3t several months back from a local store. I'll spare you all the "it's great/it sucks" details here and get right into it...

I was wondering if its at all possible to clean install Windows 7 (Starter, specifically) through the use of the product keys, like the sticker on the underside of my laptop, or even the one obtained through the "magical jellybean keyfinder" software. I have attempted to contact Lenovo several times to request some sort of upgrade disc, minus all the bloatware but for whatever reason Lenovo hasn't even returned me back with a "thank you for submitting your question" type of courtesy email, let alone an answer to my question. haha.

Anyways, I'm the type that likes to clean install every now and again. I HATE BLOATWARE!

My problem in this is because I thought 7 would be at least ALMOST as easy as xp when it came to this sort of thing. After buying the laptop I read several reviews recommending to clean install, and even upgrade to professional to take advantage of extra features. I upgraded through the use of "Windows Anytime Upgrade" system on the laptop. I should have done more research I thought for sure I could do this and clean install.

Also, I was hoping to multi-boot my laptop between osx and 7, and read up that clean installing 7 makes things so much easier.

so, is this possible? Is there some sort of windows 7 starter installer I need to google and find? I don't want to buy a "full install" copy of 7 if I don't have too, especially after spending money on the computer itself, plus the $130 or whatever it was for the professional upgrade....

any help on this would be much appreciated. thanks :thumbsup_anim:

Well, a very delicate matter! :) It is hard not to brake the forum rules by having such a discussion.

I was wondering if its at all possible to clean install Windows 7
It is, provided you have a PC with legal OEM Windows installation. You need to have a legal copy of Windows DVD.

Any further info may be "not clean" so I'll better stop here. :(