Stuck at the apple loading screen

just cause

20 posts in this topic

So, heres what ive got

• Processor: Intel i7 Lynnfield
  • Motherboard: ASUS P755D PRO (Intel P55 Chipset)
  • Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5670
  • RAM: GSkill DDR3 2200 MHz 4GB
  • HDD: Seagate 160GB

I have done a little research and noticed the i series processors and the P55 Chipset are both compatible with MAC OS X. I also have a MAC OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Upgrade disc i purchased (Family Pack) so I am VERY eager to get MAC working on here to see about getting my Disc i just recently purchased to work so its worth the $ i payed for it and plus im tired of using M$ junk on my PC.

Thanks in advance for ANY help at all or answers to whats causing my issue!

Yup i sure did, the fact that the camera i have is awesome is why. I just felt that it would be a lot easier to just upload the image rather than resize it. Now, IF i get some error messages, would you like me to upload another 5MP image so you can see them?

ok something new, when i try and load mac, now it just get to "loading darwin x86" and then i get black screen for a very short amount of time and then my computer restarts itself. Im starting to think maybe drivers for my graphics card? I do not know much about MAC OS X so am not familiar with what means what just yet.

Once i get this straightened out i will try and get you a pic of errors if any.

Thanks in advance buddy!

As I said I need you to boot with -v and take a photo so I can actually see what's happening.

If you want my help, don't make me repeat myself and don't make me drag important information out of you.

It's very possible that it's your video card, AFAIK (someone correct me if I'm wrong) there is no support for it in 10.5.x.

You can try booting with GraphicsEnabler=n -v -x (v for verbose, x is safe mode that skips loading the video drivers) and then sort it out from there.

I can't say for sure if that will do anything, as you have not provided any information at all about your installation method ("10.5" and a photo of an Apple doesn't count).

Or you can forget about 10.5 and use your Snow Leopard retail DVD with a suitable boot CD instead of whatever you're using now.

Try for example a Kakewalk boot CD:

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=195248

Use CD-RW media, you might want to try other bootloaders, such as MyHack (google it) for example, if Kakewalk doesn't work for you.

• Like 1

ok....well i installed Mac OS X 10.5.X iDeneb via DVD+R by placing the DVD in my DVD drive. I then turned on my pc and waited for the disk to boot. Once the disk booted i chose English. After this i opened the Disk Utility and formatted my hard drive for MAC OS Extended (Journaled), i then left the the utility and chose my hard drive after accepting the agreement and added extra ATI drivers from the customize list. One i did this i hit install, the installer then checked the installation DVD which returned fine. Then the installer began to install the required files for MAC OS X 10.5.X. After this, i rebooted the computer and then was getting the screen shot above, which would be why i posted it in the first place to make sure you would understand EXACTLY what section i was stuck on. Now i get a problem where that screen does not even show up after a reinstall and just loads a black screen and reboots my computer over and over and never stops.

Next thing i did was load the OS with -v as you stated and i examined the start up scripts and there were no errors except DHCP as it could not find my NIC to download new source and update it self.

After all this, before your previous post, i used my last blank DVD and burned [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] - supported from the tonymacosx86 guide and i am able to boot [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and then i put my 10.6 disk in and hit F5 and then choose to load the Snow Leopard DVD i purchased and even tried with -x to see if that would resolve the issue but with normal boot and the -x boot i get a blank black screen, not system reboot or anything, just blank screen. This is why i say drivers could be the issue.

As I stated above, i am not familiar with MAC but am very knowledgeable about Linux based off of the same source "Unix".

My last question about this before i get your input would be should i use the ATI [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] disc, since i have an ATI card and all, and if so its not very clear on his Guide abotu [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], does the ATI Version just add drivers and then you have to boot the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] - Supported as well or just load the ATI version and it should load up and allow me to boot the Snow Leopard DVD and install from there?

I hope this is enough information for you and that you will please stop the "n00b bashing" as the questions above could have been asked more professionally which keeps guests/registered users coming back time and time again.

Thanks again in advance!

I hope this is enough information for you and that you will please stop the "n00b bashing" as the questions above could have been asked more professionally which keeps guests/registered users coming back time and time again.

Hello, Planet Earth calling!!

You can wait for someone who's professional and friendly. Good luck.

I'm not "noob bashing", I'm telling you what to do so I can help you, and you are ignoring it for some reason. That's what's happening.

I cannot help you if you don't do what I ask you to do.

Okay then, for the THIRD TIME lol

boot with -v, take a photo and attach it here.

-x is safe mode, if you use -x by itself you're still not going to see what's actually happening. You should add -v.

I don't know anything about ATI/[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]/whatever boot CDs other people make, I make my own.

Ok i will get you a pic and im not saying this to sound like an idiot, but there was a lot of information listed on that screen when i last used -v, so do you want me to look for something specific to take a picture of?

How about... The screen.

We don't want to know what you see, we want to see it. You can do all the describing you want, it won't help us. We need to see what your screen says. No errors doesn't mean the screen won't tell us anything.

Now, go boot with -v and take a picture of the screen.

Alright, will HOPEFULLY have it tonight, if not i gotta run out and get some AA batteries tomorrow and i will get you a pic of it!

Again im sorry for all the frustration here and am now working on getting you the rest of what is needed here!

Alright, so i got a screen shot for ya here. At the end i think it said FAILED, sorry screen is kind of big for this. So, what happened was it got to where you can see below and then rebooted itself, and it does this EVERY time i attempt to load MAC.

post-266471-1287985339_thumb.jpg

Those messages are from the Chameleon bootloader, at that point you're not even seeing any messages from OS X itself.

It looks like it reboots right when the OS should start loading.

I'm 97% convinced that it's a video problem, your video card is too new to be supported by the DVD you're using.

If you boot with -v -x does it still crash and reboot?

If you could boot the DVD and complete the installation that's a good sign. Maybe you need to pick a different Kernel - the same one that the DVD boots with. And don't pick any ATI video drivers - they probably won't work anyway.

What is the full name of the DVD you used and what did you pick under 'customize' before installing?

iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 is the name of the distro i used.

When it comes to the options i added it was just the ATI video drivers section and i have tried with and without it and get the same issue.

Imma try -v -x really quick and ill get back to you

Ok, so i just loaded with -v -x and i get the same screen as above but there is just a BUNCH of those loading really really fast and then the computer restarts just like before. Anything else ya need let me know!

so, i found out it was my ATI drivers, i used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] ati and it let me boot the 10.6 dvd i purchased and i was able to install it and go through the set up process!!!!!thanks for all teh help thus far though and if i run into any other issues i cannot find the answer to myself i will let you know!

I appreciate the assistance but i got everything running am just waiting for my new MAC install to download 10.6.4 and then imma use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to make it boot from the HDD.

Next question. Is there a way to get either MAC or Windows to allow bootloader options or even linux as i have linux installed and am very capable of configuring my Grub bootload myself with a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks again for the help!