OS X 10.7 is Lion

Guest jacobgeek

78 posts in this topic

ok so lion may not have added that many new features though you have to understand osx has had a major overhaul in the core of the system it now runs full 64 bit architecture it is the first apple os to do that and i believe its a major step in the right direction so forgive the bugs and lack of added features and wait because great things are on there way ps you dont have to use launchpad just remove the launchpad icon from the dock and drag the applications folder to the place on the dock it was in snow leopard and it will have the same functionality as in snow leopard

ps you dont have to use launchpad just remove the launchpad icon from the dock and drag the applications folder to the place on the dock it was in snow leopard and it will have the same functionality as in snow leopard

I kind of like the Launchpad. If only there was a chance to order programs in certain given ways. For instance I'd order them alphabetically.

Apple is starting to dumb down their flagship OS. With this, the option on switching back to another OS, a much more capable (commercial or free) is becoming much more feasible.

Now that this topic has been bumped, it would seem that Windows 8 is going to do much worse than Lion, if the first developer preview is anything to go by.

I kind of like the Launchpad. If only there was a chance to order programs in certain given ways. For instance I'd order them alphabetically.

for a start and one should be able to scale them. from what I do understand it is optimised for looks and involving a fancy swipe feature on the magic mouse. I would prefer to have all my application icons on a single screen, that would be an improvement over the folder in the dock. and why does it need to be opened by an active corner? I would like to replace the double tap on the mouse from mission control with opening the launchpad that way you would start with the mouse coursor in the middle of the screen.

why is it fixed to what apple thinks is right? just so that every mac behaves the same?