DBT-122 Not Working

Adamantinus

8 posts in this topic

I have 10.6.4 with an i5 750 and EVGA P55 LE, got everything working except Bluetooth (And ethernet but I use a wifi card which detects as AirPort out of the box so I don't care about that as much as this). I have a D-Link DBT-122, which absolutely will not detect anything. It comes up in System Profiler under USB as DBT-122:

DBT-122:

Product ID: 0xf111

Vendor ID: 0x2001

Version: 0.01

Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: D-Link

Location ID: 0x7d100000

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 100

But under Bluetooth in System Profiler, I get nothing, and no device is detected in the Bluetooth menu. If I unplug it and plug it back in, it then appears under Bluetooth in System Profiler but with incorrect details:

Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 2.3.3f8

Hardware Settings:

Manufacturer: Unknown

Name:

Bluetooth Power: On

Discoverable: Yes

Vendor ID: 0

Product ID: 0x1

Requires Authentication: No

It then also comes up as either "Broadcom BCM2035" or "Name not available" in the Bluetooth system preferences pane and if I try to set up a new device, doesn't ask me if I want to set up a keyboard or mouse or whatever like on a real Mac, it goes straight to the finding devices screen and never finds anything. Other devices also do not find it. I know it's not faulty because it's working perfectly in Windows with my Apple Bluetooth Keyboard right now, but ironically, not in OS X.

Is there anything I should be doing to get this to work? Research says these devices work out of the box...

EDIT: Also just came up in Bluetooth Setup Assistant as 00-13-46-00-60-A0

You have to modify the info.plist that is inside iobluetoothfamily.kext

Under the voice usb (when the stuff is plugged to pc) take the product id and the vendor id, use an online hex to decimal converter to obtain the decimal value and follow this steps

1-drag kext to destop

2-right click on it and select "show package content"

3 in the plugins folder(inside the kext itslef) right click on the kext broadcomcontrell and select again show package content.

4-finder will open another window, inside the folder called content(the one in the new window) you will find the info.plist, open it, reach the line about your bluetooth and change the wrong values with the one you have obtained by using the online hex converter. save the changes .

5-drag the kext in the original position, repair permission if was in s/l/e otherwise use kext utility to generate a new extension.mkext.

Hope it will work for you as it worked very well for me :)

Product ID: 0xf111

Vendor ID: 0x2001

I had no problem finding the path to the Info.plist (Familiar with that aspect, though I used nano) but the problem I'm having is with the "reach the line about your bluetooth"

There are multiple different devices listed in the plist, and all of them are either Broadcom BCM2045's or 2046's, mine is a 2035 apparently (According to the intermittently appearing device name in Bluetooth Assistant), which is not listed. When it worked for you, did you have a DBT-122 also or a different device?

Anyone else who knows where I should be editing feel free to chime in too :wacko:

I had no problem finding the path to the Info.plist (Familiar with that aspect, though I used nano) but the problem I'm having is with the "reach the line about your bluetooth"

There are multiple different devices listed in the plist, and all of them are either Broadcom BCM2045's or 2046's, mine is a 2035 apparently (According to the intermittently appearing device name in Bluetooth Assistant), which is not listed. When it worked for you, did you have a DBT-122 also or a different device?

Anyone else who knows where I should be editing feel free to chime in too :(

mine is broadcom 2046.

try to edit the one about 2046 and then the one about 2045, one of this should work, i believe that you have to test it several times!

mine is broadcom 2046.

try to edit the one about 2046 and then the one about 2045, one of this should work, i believe that you have to test it several times!

Hello!

not if you could make this file for me?

My attempts were unsuccessful

would be very grateful

p.s. sorry for my bad english =)

product id - 0x200a

vendor id - 0a5c

Hello!

not if you could make this file for me?

My attempts were unsuccessful

would be very grateful

p.s. sorry for my bad english =)

product id - 0x200a

vendor id - 0a5c

i've explained the correct way to edit the info.plist in this topic. Try to convert the product id value to decimal using an online hex to decimal converter.

• 4 weeks later...
i've explained the correct way to edit the info.plist in this topic. Try to convert the product id value to decimal using an online hex to decimal converter.

I have carefully read your instructions, did everything exactly as you said, the device has not worked, on this and asked you to do it for me =)

• 3 years later...

I have the same situation. I don't understand what exactly you mean:

4-finder will open another window, inside the folder called content(the one in the new window) you will find the info.plist, open it, reach the line about your bluetooth and change the wrong values with the one you have obtained by using the online hex converter. save the changes

My Values are: Vendor ID: 0x07D1, Product ID: 0xF101; they means 2001 and 61697 in decimal, but I cannot find the line about my bluetooth in the info.plist in the broadcom....kext in the plugins of the iobluetoothfamily.kext. It is identified as: Manufacturer: Broadcom, Name: BCM2045B3