• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Dellmantt

Dellmantt

STILL LEARNING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

I'm using a usb mouse and keyboard that came with it and the pointer lags in Microsoft word 2008 for mac any idea and or drivers?

Yes known problem with using the frame buffer fix for GMA950 video in Office 2004 & 2008.

If you want to try the DSDT that somebody added to the guide, that will fix it with vanilla kexts. BUT if you end up with a non bootable system, no help from me. I did not include DSDT patches or GFX Strings to keep it simple. (people have already PMed me about the dsdt.aml and I am not surprised as there are so many configurations of the 520-620's)

On a happier note Office 2011 has no mouse artefacts (lags)

nerdkiller14

nerdkiller14

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Yes known problem with using the frame buffer fix for GMA950 video in Office 2004 & 2008.

If you want to try the DSDT that somebody added to the guide, that will fix it with vanilla kexts. BUT if you end up with a non bootable system, no help from me. I did not include DSDT patches or GFX Strings to keep it simple. (people have already PMed me about the dsdt.aml and I am not surprised as there are so many configurations of the 520-620's)

On a happier note Office 2011 has no mouse artefacts (lags)

Would that Break the chocolate kernel

any other solutions?

Dellmantt

Dellmantt

STILL LEARNING

• Members
  • 1,122 posts

Would that Break the chocolate kernel

No

any other solutions?

Yes research eg GMA950 DSTD
GMA950 GFX Strings

nerdkiller14

nerdkiller14

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

No

Yes research eg GMA950 DSTD
GMA950 GFX Strings

Could you tell me how to do that I have the gma900 and i went to the forum guide u made and got the 2nd posters DSDT and copied it to my hard drive root

Is there any special way of installing these files

Also now itunes 10's search bar is having this problem i l;ooked on google about compiling a DSDT and they don't match the dsdt file i make

Are you sure I have a 950 or do I have a 900 or are they the same drivers

Dellmantt

Dellmantt

STILL LEARNING

• Members
  • 1,122 posts

Could you tell me how to do that I have the gma900 and i went to the forum guide u made and got the 2nd posters DSDT and copied it to my hard drive root

Obviously you didn't follow my advice about using someone else's dsdt.aml

Is there any special way of installing these files

dsdt.aml can go either in the root of the hard drive or in the "Extra" folder

i l;ooked on google about compiling a DSDT and they don't match the dsdt file i make

To compile your own dsdt go here http://www.insanelym...howtopic=223205 There is even a link in the first post to a video tutorial. If you cant compile with that :DSDT Editor" then you are not trying. Also read my post on page 20 of that topic.

Are you sure I have a 950 or do I have a 900 or are they the same drivers

GMA950, look in "System Profiler"/Graphics

For the dsdt to work you have to replace the "AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext"
If you are running 10.6.3 you can extract from the OS X 10.6.3 install dvd with "Pacifist" and install with "Kext Utility"
You could update to 10.6.4 using the exact instructions from the guide.(that will replace the frame buffer)
If you have upgraded to 10.6.4 run the "Graphic Update" from Software Update.(also replaces the frame buffer)

BTW your email did not really bounce (don't ask) At least you are doing your own research and trying things now.

nerdkiller14

nerdkiller14

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
How do I remove dsdt.aml when my system won't Boot

Ive tried -s
(then)
cd extra
(then)
rm dsdt.aml

Dellmantt

Dellmantt

STILL LEARNING

• Members
  • 1,122 posts

How do I remove dsdt.aml when my system won't Boot

Ive tried -s
(then)
cd extra
(then)
rm dsdt.aml

I t took me 5 seconds to find the answer from this post http://www.insanelym...p;#entry1512050 I am sure you could have done the same by googling "remove dsdt.aml single user

Quote from post
"you can get in single user? (-s)
root# type...
mount -uw /
rm -rf /extra/dsdt.aml
exit
change the location
place the location where you want to delete the file"

Now to compile your own and fix grey screen problem read this post in the guide that I added this morning. http://www.insanelym...p;#entry1561852

Quote from post

"For those who wish to compile their own dsdt, and I would recommend making your own instead of using someone else's, go here http://www.insanelym...howtopic=223205. This is very easy to use and the patches you need (DTGP & GMA950 Desktop) are included. There is a link to a video tutorial a well. If you have trouble with a compile error (length) or get a blank grey screen, read posts on pages 18-19-20. For grey screen or KP problems- Google "Remove dsdt.aml single user"

And you need to replace the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from the guide with the original (vanilla) kext.

nerdkiller14

nerdkiller14

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
I have a couple of questions trying to figure it out

Kinda weird but when I have the Modified Kext for graphics in DSDT Compiles fine?? Do you know y?

What type of Keyboard and Mouse r u using I have the USB?

Do You have the Original dell square monitor LCD either 19 or 20 inch and with the USB ports on the Side
?

Please respond and Thanks again U've Taught me so much

Dellmantt

Dellmantt

STILL LEARNING

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
For others trying to follow this, Op is jumping from topic to topic, this topic & here http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1566943

I have a couple of questions trying to figure it out

Kinda weird but when I have the Modified Kext for graphics in DSDT Compiles fine?? Do you know y?

Sorry I don't know, but to have the DSDT right it has to be compiled without error and with original kext. Try another monitor if you have one or can borrow one (re pdave54 post in DSDT Editor thread) and reset bios with that monitor. Try setting bios to defaults, restart and then set bios setting again.

What type of Keyboard and Mouse r u using I have the USB?
Do You have the Original dell square monitor LCD either 19 or 20 inch and with the USB ports on the Side
?

Keyboard & mouse both USB, the 520 does not have PS2 ports, plugged directly in to rear ports. I am using a Benq 17" LCD.

Please respond and Thanks again U've Taught me so much

I do & will respond when & if I have the time, just not via PM or email.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy