About This Mac Different Info when on Battery

alexaffonso

8 posts in this topic

Hello to you all!

I'm having an issue I don't know how to solve at all.

Everything's working fine on my Vostro 1500 Snow leopard 10.6.4 except for a few details. One that is bothering me so much occurs when I use my laptop on battery.

It's a 2.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, but when it's not plugged to a power source, eg: it's running on battery, the "About This Mac" shows it's a 1.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and it actually has a lower performance.

Is there anyone who knows about it? How to solve problem?

I'll be glad if you can help me, again!

Thanks a lot.

Alex

Hello to you all!

I'm having an issue I don't know how to solve at all.

Everything's working fine on my Vostro 1500 Snow leopard 10.6.4 except for a few details. One that is bothering me so much occurs when I use my laptop on battery.

It's a 2.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, but when it's not plugged to a power source, eg: it's running on battery, the "About This Mac" shows it's a 1.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and it actually has a lower performance.

Is there anyone who knows about it? How to solve problem?

I'll be glad if you can help me, again!

Thanks a lot.

Alex

Turn off speedstep in bios maybe

Turn off speedstep in bios maybe

Dellmant, it's not SpeedStep which's addressing this issue. I tried to deactivate it but the strange behavior doesn't go away. But I noticed something different with such tests.

Actually, when I turn on my machine with battery on, the "About My Mac" says it's a 1.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. I just need to reboot the machine and the info gets back to it's correct values, eg: 2.01 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.

I can't figure out what's going on. What happens when I reboot my system so it reads the correct info from my CPU?

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks a lot.

Dellmant, it's not SpeedStep which's addressing this issue. I tried to deactivate it but the strange behavior doesn't go away. But I noticed something different with such tests.

Actually, when I turn on my machine with battery on, the "About My Mac" says it's a 1.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. I just need to reboot the machine and the info gets back to it's correct values, eg: 2.01 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.

I can't figure out what's going on. What happens when I reboot my system so it reads the correct info from my CPU?

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks a lot.

I keep on waiting for some help 'cause I still don't know what to do!

I'd be glad to hear something from you all!

Thanks.

I keep on waiting for some help 'cause I still don't know what to do!

I'd be glad to hear something from you all!

Thanks.

Have you checked the logs?

Energy saver settings?

Seems like something to do with power management. Any third party kexts to do with power management? sleep?

Have you checked the logs?

Energy saver settings?

Seems like something to do with power management. Any third party kexts to do with power management? sleep?

The Kexts I'm using that has something to do with power management are:

NullCPUPowerManagement

Voodoo Battery

Is it possible they're causing me troubles? Is it safe to exclude them or should I replace them with some others?

The Kexts I'm using that has something to do with power management are:

NullCPUPowerManagement

Voodoo Battery

Is it possible they're causing me troubles? Is it safe to exclude them or should I replace them with some others?

Not sure about that, above my head, never hacked a laptop.

Have you checked the logs in console? and the Energy Saver setting?

If it is correct after reboot then something is happening later, so that should show in your logs. Do you know if it is a consistent time that it happens after a restart?

Not sure about that, above my head, never hacked a laptop.

Have you checked the logs in console? and the Energy Saver setting?

If it is correct after reboot then something is happening later, so that should show in your logs. Do you know if it is a consistent time that it happens after a restart?

I'll check the logs.

There's nothing on Energy Saver settings regarding processor speeds.