Snow Leo (iATKOS S3 v2) on nc6400 with dual core active

EdoFede83

9 posts in this topic

Hi.

I've successfully installed (4 days of work and 6-7 re-installation needed :mellow: ) snow leo in my hp nc6400 EH522AV (Intel T2300).

I've used the cpus=1 option to install and for some initial boot during configuration.

After the system becomes stable (incredibly, the video board begin to work when I've installed the apple official 10.6.4 patch :mellow: ), I've tried to boot without the cpus=1 option and with two cores active.

The system is working by yesterday with two cores active and running!

I've also launched Xbench many times to test the stability, but I got no issue at the moment.

It's so abnormal? :P

The unique things that I was unable to get working is the audio board.

I've used the voodoohda, but no output device appear in the sound preferences. Working on...

Bye,

Edoardo.

• 2 months later...
Hi.

I've successfully installed (4 days of work and 6-7 re-installation needed :( ) snow leo in my hp nc6400 EH522AV (Intel T2300).

I've used the cpus=1 option to install and for some initial boot during configuration.

After the system becomes stable (incredibly, the video board begin to work when I've installed the apple official 10.6.4 patch :) ), I've tried to boot without the cpus=1 option and with two cores active.

I've also launched Xbench many times to test the stability, but I got no issue at the moment.

It's so abnormal? :D

I've used the voodoohda, but no output device appear in the sound preferences. Working on...

Bye,

Edoardo.

Hi Edoardo, I have nc6400 too and after I read this your post, I have "disable" the cpus=1 and ...... voilà .... Dual CPU active!!!! I have installed iATKOS 10.6.3 and upgrate directly from Apple to 10.6.5

Several reboot and all ok!!!!! After I checked something in the BIOS (only check an information) and exit "Without Saving"...... and ..... Kernel Panic!!!!!!!! Not more Dual Core.

Which "official 10.6.4 patch" do you mean??? this one http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1105

are you still on 10.6.4 or just upgrade to 10.6.5?

thank you

Patrick

P.S.

Have you problems with power management? I have this problem:

after a while correctly the LCD goes off and the HDD in standby too. I am not more able then (after 30 minutes or so) to wake up the system, I need to hardly power off the notebook (4sec). Have you notice something like?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have a nc6400 with a intel t5500 and is impossible to boot with both cores, i always get a kernel panic in boot screen.

I have to install iatkos with one core. I've reinstalled it like 15 times.

How you got both cores working?

Hi guys,

I am getting stuck with the following error. Could you help point me in the right direction? I have a nc6400 as well.

post-709616-1293660032_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello i've t2300 too...

It's my first time here and i don't know really where start...there is one good earth man/woman that can help me giving an ad-hoc step by step guide for this model?

Imagine to be in presence of your grandma and try to explain her how to work...

Thank you...

Alessio

Hello Eduardo,

hello all,

I am new here so beg my pardon if this is already shown somewhere else.

could you give us more information about your settings you used within the installation - what patches you include ...

can you work with the onboard lan and wireless ?

thanks in advance for your responce or any other responce on how to install this most perfectly

Cheers

Macarthur

Hi.

I've successfully installed (4 days of work and 6-7 re-installation needed :) ) snow leo in my hp nc6400 EH522AV (Intel T2300).

After the system becomes stable (incredibly, the video board begin to work when I've installed the apple official 10.6.4 patch :) ), I've tried to boot without the cpus=1 option and with two cores active.

It's so abnormal? :P

Bye,

Edoardo.