Can't install iAtkos v7 s2 help!

Sn1pest3r

51 posts in this topic

well, all of the sata raid channels are disabled (SATA RAID 1st master channel, 1st slave channel, 2nd master channel, 2nd slave channel) all of these channels are disabled, so i cant understand where the hell is the problem, oh and as far as i read, i am already using AHCI mode, because raid supports only that and now im using windows 7 ultimate 64bit

so, i managed to boot iatkos (using the restore method with mac os x vmware), the strange thing is, if booted with -v i stiil get the still waiting etc error, if booted -v mach_kernel it boots! But still doesn't see my hdd, i tryed ideneb too but my hdd is still unrecognized

Is your HDD partitioned as Master Boot Record or GPT (GUID)? For OS X to see the HDD volume, ensure that it is a primary partition and simple NTFS or FAT32 formatted volume........

well i had windows till now, so the hdd is partitioned as Master Boot Record, the two partitions of the HDD are C;D and both are formatted in NTFS, so the hdd is in ntfs too i guess..

Is there any program to partition the hdd again or how can i do?

If you are not using the HDD for Windows anymore, then download and use GParted Live on a boot CD or USB stick........it is freeware.......

Should i format the hard disk with gparted live with partition table, mac?

You can choose between hfs+, ntfs or fat32

i got a better idea, i will try to follow your tutorial, the one with modified dsdt.aml etc

LE: i'm stuck at copying the dsdt.aml to the desktop, i copyed it, renamed it in DSDT.aml but when i type that command (don't remember wich one) i get an error, "cd dsdt.aml doesn't exist" or something like this

i got a better idea, i will try to follow your tutorial, the one with modified dsdt.aml etc

LE: i'm stuck at copying the dsdt.aml to the desktop, i copyed it, renamed it in DSDT.aml but when i type that command (don't remember wich one) i get an error, "cd dsdt.aml doesn't exist" or something like this

cd means "change directory" but dsdt.aml is a file.............?

of course it is

You should have cd /Users/"Username"/Desktop/dsdt.aml

another question, i need to follow A,B,C,E steps right? Cuz my HDD is formatted in MBR

P.S. oh and, the dsdt.aml needs to be copyed in the directory, what directory u mean the usb drive root?

LE:i always get a kernel panic booting and dunno how to solve it:

Kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependancies):

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform(1.3.2)@0x2ed04000->0x2d44fff

dependancy:com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.3.0)@0x2ea71000

dependancy:com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.6)@0x2ec63000

What should i do?

another question, i need to follow A,B,C,E steps right? Cuz my HDD is formatted in MBR

P.S. oh and, the dsdt.aml needs to be copyed in the directory, what directory u mean the usb drive root?

LE:i always get a kernel panic booting and dunno how to solve it:

What should i do?

The correct parts to follow for MBR are A >>> B >>> C >>> E >>> D EXCEPT step [1] because your HDD is already partitioned as MBR

The dsdt.aml file (renamed as DSDT.aml) should be put in the / directory, i.e. the root directory, or in the /Extra/ directory of the USB flash drive and the target OS X volume........see step (6) in Part C and step (7) in Part D.

Regarding:

this kernel panic indicates a problem with the version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext, and hence the IOACPIFamily.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext you are using....are you getting this kernel panic in Leopard or Snow Leopard?

Snow Leopard

The problem could then be because the successfully patched/compiled DSDT.aml file was not present in / or in /Extra/ directory and/or the Chamemleon 2.0 RC3 or RC4 or RC5 bootloader not being fully installed.........

i installed chameleon RC4 twice -__-, and i put the DSDT.aml in the Extra folder but still getting that error, i'll try installing the chameleon RC5

LE: wait a minute, the DSDT.aml file needs to be in the Extra directory or in the system/library or where exactly?

LLE: i tryed installing chameleon RC5 but i still get the same error, tell me in what order should I do everything?

1.Rrestore mac os x sl retail dvd.dmg on the usb drive?

2.install chameleon RC5?

3.put the kexts in the extra folder?

4.create the DSDT.aml and put in in the extra directory?

5.install the OSInstall.mpkg and the others thing that need to be done (modify SMBIOS and com.apple.boot plist)?

Oh and another thing, do i need to boot only on 32bit?

i installed chameleon RC4 twice -__-, and i put the DSDT.aml in the Extra folder but still getting that error, i'll try installing the chameleon RC5

LE: wait a minute, the DSDT.aml file needs to be in the Extra directory or in the system/library or where exactly?

LLE: i tryed installing chameleon RC5 but i still get the same error, tell me in what order should I do everything?

1.Rrestore mac os x sl retail dvd.dmg on the usb drive?

2.install chameleon RC5?

3.put the kexts in the extra folder?

4.create the DSDT.aml and put in in the extra directory?

5.install the OSInstall.mpkg and the others thing that need to be done (modify SMBIOS and com.apple.boot plist)?

Oh and another thing, do i need to boot only on 32bit?

Your hardware setup is OK.........except when initially installing OS X, I would:

[1] Disconnect your Windows HDD for safety

[2] Disconnect any USB/Firewire devices other than keyboard and mouse

Unless you are using a Snow Leopard distro, the simplest method of installing Snow Leopard (if you do not already have Leopard installed on the PC) is to do a distro install of Leopard on one volume (which you have now done I hope......) and then use the Leopard OS X system to:

1. Generate a RTC patched DSDT.aml file for Snow Leopard [Part B]

2. Format a HFS+ volume as your target Snow Leopard OS X volume (OSX_MAIN) and any other volumes your require on the MBR partitioned HDD using Disk Utility

3. Use Disk Utility to get the UUID for your target SL OS X volume

4. Establish OS X target HDD ownership

5. Run EFIStudio or OSx86Tools to generate the graphics string for your graphics card

6. Install Chameleon 2.0 RC3 (or RC4) onto your target Snow Leopard OS X volume (OSX_MAIN) and in the process generate a /Extra directory.....

7. Put all the necessary kexts in /Extra/Extensions/, sort out the com.apple.Boot.plist and SMBIOS.plist files to put in /Extra, as well as putting DSDT.aml in / or in /Extra......

That is, do all the above before you decide to use the MBR patchde OS X installer on the USB flash drive for installing from the Mac OS X Snow Leopard Retail Install DVD.........

8. As for booting in 32bit mode vs 64bit mode..........I would recommend that you initially get the system working 100% in 32bit mode........

This is because the 64-bit kernel is only used by default in the 2008 and later Xserve rack mounted servers capable of using up to 48 GiB of memory, but also 2008 and later Mac Pros and the mid 2010 Mac Mini when running 10.6.x Server. All other Macs (apart from the mid 2010 Mac Pros) use the 32/64-bit hybrid kernel by default because their hardware doesn’t support more than 32 GiB of memory, and since Snow Leopard is completely backwards-compatible with 32-bit applications and runs 64-bit applications regardless of whether it boots into a 64-bit or a 32-bit kernel, running the purely 64-bit kernel has little significant advantage........

I am not saying that there are no advantages, just that they are not as yet critically significant to the majority of OS X users...........the advantages being that the 64bit OS X kernel has the ability to [1] set up a memory address space for itself greater than 32-bits (4GB) and [2] access the full x64 register set of 64-bit CPUs..........hence, Apple is gradually increasing the number of Mac models that boot by default into the 64bit kernel.........

This Mac uses the 64-bit kernel by default in Mac OS X v10.6.

• Mac Pro (Mid 2010)

These Macs use the 64-bit kernel by default in Mac OS X Server 10.6.

• Xserve (Early 2008) and later
  • Mac Pro (Early 2008) and later
  • Mac mini (Mid 2010)

These Macs support the 64-bit kernel, but do not use it by default.

• iMac (Early 2008) and later
  • MacBook Pro (Early 2008) and later

And, as for the Mac Pros (Mid 2010) using the 64-bit kernel by default in Mac OS X v10.6:

4 x 2.8 GHz cores with 4 RAM slots supporting up to 32GB RAM Price: US$2499

6 x 3.33 GHz cores with 4 RAM slots supporting up to 32GB RAM Price: US$3699

8 x 2.4 GHz cores with 8 RAM slots supporting up to 64GB RAM Price: US$3499

12 x 2.66 GHz cores with 8 RAM slots supporting up to 64GB RAM Price: U$4999

would you call the "buyers" of these Mac Pro computers, "regular users", or "power users".........? :D

Furthermore, regarding Windows 7:

Pros and Cons of a 64 bit system:

• You can address much more than 4GB of memory, which is ideal for avid gamers, CAD, video editors and heavy multi-taskers. However, any 32 bit software you use will still be restricted to 4GB memory – you need a 64 bit CPU, OS and applications to take full advantage of the extra RAM.
  • 16 bit applications will no longer run. Although this is unlikely to be a problem, if you use very old software (from the Windows 3.1 days!) then it will not work under a 64 bit OS.
  • Existing 32 bit drivers no longer work.If you have older or poorly supported hardware you may find that it can no longer be used. Got a 7 year old scanner that just about works in Vista? You may not be able to get it working in 64 bit Windows 7.
  • Unsigned kernel-mode drivers no longer work. Along with the issue above, the inability to run unsigned kernel mode drivers will cause problems for old hardware. (There is reportedly a way to bypass this check).
  • Running some 32 bit applications on a 64 bit OS could actually be slower. The additional overheads in running 32 bit software in 64 bit mode could cause a slight degradation in performance. It will take some time for 64 bit software to become the norm.

The Windows system needs a full 64bit kernel to work at its best because the 32bit kernel Windows system is very limited, whereas Mac OS X is different because the 32bit kernel is capable of launching and running 64bit processes, i.e. applications.......... :rolleyes:

thank you very much, regarding the leopard, i'm running windows right now, but i did all of these things via vmware (snow leopard), a guide for installing leopard retail?

EDIT: strangely after i removed the DSDT.aml file from the extra directory the installer booted up, but still my hdd is not recognized, tomorrow i'll try to install leopard retail..

thank you very much, regarding the leopard, i'm running windows right now, but i did all of these things via vmware (snow leopard), a guide for installing leopard retail?

EDIT: strangely after i removed the DSDT.aml file from the extra directory the installer booted up, but still my hdd is not recognized, tomorrow i'll try to install leopard retail..

Generating a DSDT.aml (and perhaps a EFI graphics string too) via OS X in VMWare will not generate the DSDT.aml for your physical PC BIOS or string for your physical graphics card (see post# 1 about graphics strings in Leopard versus Snow Leopard)........all my guides are based on a real, physical OS X install on a nForce MOBO PC..........but remember that with your 630i nForce chipset, if it is fully AHCI compliant, the guide to follow is that of Krishna21 here......

don't you remember? I tryed that tutorial but i have the same problem, in the installer>disk utility my hdd is not recognized so that guide is not useful, however as i said, i'll try leopard retail tomorrow, hope will work

I do remember but I was just reminding you that you cannot use AppleNForceATA.kext.............

why can't i use that kext? Ain't that for my chipset?

See my Snow Leopard nForce Retail Install Guide post #1 Introsuction Item [2] which explains the situation with fully AHCI compliant nForce chipsets..........

man this is wack, i tryed leopard retail, couldn't install, got kernel panic, tryed kalyway, kernel panic but with -x would go, except that i get again still waiting for root device -__-

I think i solved my problem, my sata hdd is set as 2nd master, and the dvdrw drive is set as primary master, how do i set my hdd to be primary master?

man this is wack, i tryed leopard retail, couldn't install, got kernel panic, tryed kalyway, kernel panic but with -x would go, except that i get again still waiting for root device -__-

I think i solved my problem, my sata hdd is set as 2nd master, and the dvdrw drive is set as primary master, how do i set my hdd to be primary master?

With SATA there is no concept of a slave drive, so just switch the HDD to the current DVDRW SATA channel and vice versa......