Updated to 10.6.4 and now boot problems

Cyopz

2 posts in this topic

I recently got my Dell XPS 410 up and running perfectly with Snow Leopard.

I went and installed all the updates from Apple Software Update and updated to 10.6.4.

When I rebooted, I got to Chameleon Boot loader and booted my Snow Leopard disk. The apple logo showed up and it started to boot to a blue screen. It just hung on the blue screen and didn't move. I let it sit for close to an hour.

I then restarted and booted to a different HD with Leopard on it. I figured maybe the update messed around with the modified files for the Hackintosh. I copied all kexts back over to the Extensions folder and pasted the modifed .com.apple.Boot.plist and dsdt.aml. I re-pasted all the UUID and graphics keys/strings in com.apple.Boot.plist and in the PlatformUUID.kext.

Now upon restart I get a kernal panic unless I type -f before booting to Snow Leopard. When I type -v instead of -f I get the wonderful error of, "Waiting for root device".

Anyone have any clue on what I should do to correct this problem?

It's not a huge deal to type -f every time but I figured since it worked perfectly before without typing anything it still has that potential.

Thanks in advance for your time.