Seeking for Expert’s Advice

youghee

6 posts in this topic

Hi there, I’m from the Philippines, and recently I stumbled into one site that would allow Mac OS X to run on a PC. Being a newbie when it comes to this OS, because I’m so used to Windows since the product started, I wanted to try this out, plus a friend of mine here told me that he uses a Mac Book with Final Cut for editing videos; I would also like to try the Mac OS X as well.

I followed one guide I found on the net, but unfortunately have never been successful for about a week already. And from what I’ve looked around, and this is where I was guided to for expert’s advice.

I have an old unit here with these specs:

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160 1.80Ghz

RAM: 1Gb Kingston DDR2 SDRAM 667Mhz PC2-5300

Motherboard: ASUS P5SD2-VM

HDD: 80Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.10

BIOS: American Trends, Inc.

PS2 Keyboard/ PS2 Mouse

Monitor: HP L1706

I tried using Mac OS X 10.6.1-10.6.2 Intel/AMD by HAZARD.

As of now, I don’t want to use a video card on it; I want to know if it can run first on its built-in video card, but I have a GeForce 7300 GT just in case that it needs one to run the system.

Here are the links to my unit for your advice and reference:

Motherboard:

http://ph.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=napibCwKrjGDncvA

Processor:

http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=29739

Just in case here’s the link to my video card:

http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_7300.html

I know we’re not allowed to post links to torrents or other hacks, but if someone could help to point me to the right direction, it would be of great gratitude. (And a proper guide on how to install would be of great help.)

Please send me a PM or email me the links as to where I could get the files I would need. Cheers to all that would lend me a helping hand. Thanks. More power to you guys and gals.

E-mail: marcpajarito@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you soon. :)

Hello and welcome to the forum

Firstly I would use a USB keyboard and mouse setup rather than ps2.

The 7300gt graphics card is a great little card and easy to get working under osx so use that

The CPU should be fine I am using a E2180 and I cant see the HDD being a problem as long as it is a SATA drive

Have you checked your bios and enabled AHCI mode?

do you even have the option to change it to that ?

Are you having kernel panic or does the system load but you lack sound or ethernet ?

have you googled your motherboard model on this forum or a net wide search ?

Please supply more info if possible

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome. And thanks for the reply.

Have you checked your bios and enabled AHCI mode?

do you even have the option to change it to that ?

Yes i do. and i have done that already.

have you googled your motherboard model on this forum or a net wide search ?

Yes i did and none of them were helpful. and most of them were in a language which i can't understand. :thumbsup_anim:

Are you having kernel panic or does the system load but you lack sound or ethernet ?

At first yes. but when i tried again it wont boot at all. what i mean is its stuck with the gray apple.

i have the distro by hazard, but i don't know if it should work with my specs. if you could recommend what distro is better that would be great.

what other info should you need please let me know, i'm really a newbie with OS X, so most of the time i might not understand how it works. been locked on to windows since the begining.

Thanks for the welcome. And thanks for the reply.

Yes i do. and i have done that already.

Yes i did and none of them were helpful. and most of them were in a language which i can't understand. :)

At first yes. but when i tried again it wont boot at all. what i mean is its stuck with the gray apple.

i have the distro by hazard, but i don't know if it should work with my specs. if you could recommend what distro is better that would be great.

what other info should you need please let me know, i'm really a newbie with OS X, so most of the time i might not understand how it works. been locked on to windows since the begining.

Try booting with the extension -v this will show a bunch of routines going on in the background. post up this info at the point the distro stops working

ok will do. i'll post here whatever happens. thanks.

sorry for posting here

I thought be unnecessary to create another post since this could be helpful

I wonder if you managed to install mac on your computer

I got kinda the same configuration except for the Dual core.

Core 2 DUO e7400

Same motherboard Asus p5sd2-vm and 2 hds sata

250 gb samsung

500 gb seagate barracuda

nvidia GeForce 7300 gs

since we have the same mobo could you please share to me how you did it?

I'm trying to intall iatkos v7 and got the problem "the installer could not validate 10.5.7 intel"

Can you help me? or anybody?

Thanks ;)