iAtkos s3 v2 and Kalyway 10.5.2 doesn's see my partition/HDD

stekel01

16 posts in this topic

Hello people,

I'm trying to make a new Hackintosh, only the problem is: the setup doesn't see my partition/HDD (iAtkos and Kalyway tried). It only shows the DVD. I've added AppleVIAATA.kext into the the dvd too, but it still doesn't recognize my HDD ( yes i booted with F8 and used -f as boot flag). I don't know what to do know, could anyone help me please?

,stekel01

2v0ibl2.png

1iylmt.png

HDD: WDC WD1600AAJS-00PSA0 ATA Device

Probably you'll never get a reply if you don't supply more info, like:

1)Which kind of HDD do you have?

2)How did you format your partition? (it needs to be a primary partition. It can be either FAT32 or, much better, HFS+ (you can do that with Parted Magic, a Linux LiveCD). I believe iAtkos s3 v2 can't erase a FAT32 partition, not 100% sure.

OTOH it could be an issue with your mobo. I can find very little info about it.

2)How did you format your partition? (it needs to be a primary partition. It can be either FAT32 or, better, HFS+ (you can do that with Parted Magic, a Linux LiveCD).

I have a feeling the MB is an OEM model and is not officially supported by the maker, usually this would come bundled as part of a MB and CPU package. This happened a lot with the older pentium dual cores.

I binned my old board in the end because there was so little information about it hackintoshing was virtually impossible.

2)How did you format your partition? (it needs to be a primary partition. It can be either FAT32 or, much better, HFS+ (you can do that with Parted Magic, a Linux LiveCD). I believe iAtkos s3 v2 can't erase a FAT32 partition, not 100% sure.

Thanks for the replies,

I didn't know the setup wouldn't see my partition when it's not fat32 (or hfs+). I tried to resize my ntfs partition (with windows 7 on it) but the problem is: when I try put something in the boxes for how much should be the new partition it jumps back to 0 ( the up and down arrows to) so probaly it can't resize my partition or do I need te newest version? (the ubuntu live DVD is one year old)

,stekel01

Thanks for the replies,

I didn't know the setup wouldn't see my partition when it's not fat32 (or hfs+). I tried to resize my ntfs partition (with windows 7 on it) but the problem is: when I try put something in the boxes for how much should be the new partition it jumps back to 0 ( the up and down arrows to) so probaly it can't resize my partition or do I need te newest version? (the ubuntu live DVD is one year old)

,stekel01

Try this http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm

Its a brilliant partitioner and free

Good luck

Thanks ! :) it saw my hdd directly without problems and it was installed

but

The next problem is, when i try to boot my hackintosh, its giving this screen:

1.jpg

Anyone know what this means?

,stekel01

Looks like a kernel panic booting with the extension -v will give you more info

There is a simple explanation in the Italian F.A.Q.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=221041

See if you can have it translated by google.

Anyway, in a few words: "Still waiting for root device" is caused either by an IDE DVD writer (if it happens while installing) or by an IDE HDD, if it happens after you have installed.