OS X in Parallels for Windows?

5 posts in this topic

I have Parallels Workstation 2.0 for Windows and I want to know if it is possible to Install Mac OS X on it.

I have the JaS 10.4.6 install DVD which worked perfectly on VMware, but when I try using Parallels with the same Disk Image (using Virtual CloneDrive or the built-in ISO thingy) it just begins to boot and then I get an error reporting fatal error form. (A Parallels one, not the windows one. Parallels continues to run but turns off my VM) This happens when I use "-v -x platform=X86PC" but if I run it normally it just doesn't load.

Is there a particular way to set up OS X to run in Parallels for Windows?

Specs:

Virtual Machine:

OS Type: Other

OS Version: Other

Memory: 512MB

Boot Sequence: Hard Disk, Floppy, CD-ROM

Acceleration: High

Hard Disk: IDE 0:0; Size=8192 MB; D:\Mac OS X\Mac OS X.hdd

CD/DVD-ROM: IDE 0:1; C:\JaS Install DVD\10.4.6.install\10.4.6.install.dvd.iso (Connect at startup)

or

IDE 0:1; I: (Connect at startup) (This is Virtual CloneDrive with the ISO mounted)

Network Adapter: RTL8029(AS); MAC=0011A4F7F1DF; Bridged Ethernet

Computer:

- Windows XP Media Centre Edition 2005

- Celeron D 331 2.66GHz

- 1GB RAM

- ASUS P5P800 Motherboard

- Samsung 200GB HDD. (108GB Partition being used for Windows & Parallels)

Thanks! :D

PS: I did search the forums first but I couldn't find anything...

If you don't get any replies that means no one is using the application under windows. If that's the case, head off to the dev's site and ask the folks there. It's more than likely that Parallels does not implement the same codes as vmware. So it's not possible to install OS X as a Parallels image.

Ok, well thanks anyway. I'll try the Parallels website if they have a forum.

Although, when I start using Parallels with the disk, it starts working then comes up with an error... So mayeb I'm doing something wrong.

No one is psychic on this forum . You need to at least attach the log output so someone can examine the error. If it has no log, then contact the developer task them how to output the log to a file.