Hackintosh Hardware List (sub-$500)

willchesluck

3 posts in this topic

Hey yall!

I am planning on building a budget hackintosh, would like to keep it below $500, Max is $600. I have been searching many hardware lists on the internet but find that A) the build list it too expensive or B) the list is outdated and I can't find the hardware online. Can ANYONE post a COMPLETE hardware list for a sub $500 hackintosh? I was thinking a intel core i3 or core 2 duo for the processor.

ALL help is appreciated

I'm looking to do the samething, but it seems like its best to keep it similar to what the actual models are to avoid any incompatibility or searching for answer problems. Most of them are intel base

For your budget I'd say get a close to 3.2 ghz intel core 2 duo i3 with a radeon 5670

or possibly a 2.8 ghz quad core i5

radeon 5750

those are just whats in the newer macs.

At bare minimum 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo processor or a 2.66 ghz intel core 2 duo. These are what are in those small desktop mini macs.

I'm looking to do the samething, but it seems like its best to keep it similar to what the actual models are to avoid any incompatibility or searching for answer problems. Most of them are intel base

For your budget I'd say get a close to 3.2 ghz intel core 2 duo i3 with a radeon 5670

or possibly a 2.8 ghz quad core i5

radeon 5750

those are just whats in the newer macs.

At bare minimum 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo processor or a 2.66 ghz intel core 2 duo. These are what are in those small desktop mini macs.

Thanks for the tips, but the main trouble I am having with configuring a hackintosh is finding a motherboard that requires few kernel extensions AND supports a lower end i3 or core 2 duo CPU! Can anyone recommend a MOBO that satisfies?