help with firewire device on Asus G71GX with iAtkos S3 v2

camromney

1 post in this topic

Hello good sirs and madams,

I have an interesting problem. I can install iAtkos S3 v2 on my Asus G71GX without any problems. It boots up just fine. I have a firewire audio device that is having trouble being recognized however but I know that it can be recognized and here's how. I've installed iAtkos a few times with different driver configurations in order to try to sort out a couple bugs I was having and on one of those installations the firewire soundcard was working perfectly. The soundcard is a Steinberg MR816x. This installation would crash if I didn't boot with the -x-v at startup, but when I did, SL would boot properly and my soundcard worked.

I haven't been able to reproduce the install that I had. Are there certain drivers ya'll would recommend I install off the iAtkos install disk under "customize" that might help? Also, is there a way to install these drivers after the installation has completed without having to reinstall the whole OS (which takes about an hour each time) That's getting old. :P

The firewire device is a Ricoh RSC832 IEEE 1394 Controller

Below is a picture of my hardware profile.

Also, if anyone knows how to get an intel Wifi 5300 working that would be awesome too

Thanks so much for taking the time.

Cam

post-194283-1282106300_thumb.jpg