• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ik_ben_Mark

ik_ben_Mark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
I want to buy a new laptop wich can also run Hackintosh, but I'm having troubles finding one.

I only have a few demands:
- The screen has to be between 13" and 15", so I guess it will lead to 13,3" and 14,1" laptops
- a (reasonable) fast processor
- budget: maximum of 1000 euro

optional demands:
- HDMI output
- Higher resolution (for example 1600x900)

If possible I want to run Snow on it, but some late version of Leopard is also good.

I found only the next few laptop wich would satisfy my hardware demands, but I don't know jet how good they will be for running OSx86
- Dell Vostro 3300 (13,3")
- Dell latitude E5410 (14,1")
- Sony Vaio VPCEA1S1E (14")
- Sony Vaio VPCEA2S1E (14")
- Sony Vaio VPCEA2X5E (14")

I would like to hear if you know more laptops that satisfy my demands, and how good they are for running hackintosh

(apology for my bad english, I'm from the Netherlands. I can read English but my writing isn't so good..)

psuedonakian

psuedonakian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
All of those laptops are perfectly capable of running OS X like a champ. I'm running OS X on an Intel Atom 1.6GHz with 2GB DDR2 533 RAM, 80GB 5400RPM Hard Drive and OS X 10.5.2 and its very smooth. My processor is equivalent in speed to a Pentium III so any of those laptops are fine. I can't tell you which laptop would be the easiest to convert to OS X but performance wise don't sweat about it.

ik_ben_Mark

ik_ben_Mark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

All of those laptops are perfectly capable of running OS X like a champ. I'm running OS X on an Intel Atom 1.6GHz with 2GB DDR2 533 RAM, 80GB 5400RPM Hard Drive and OS X 10.5.2 and its very smooth. My processor is equivalent in speed to a Pentium III so any of those laptops are fine. I can't tell you which laptop would be the easiest to convert to OS X but performance wise don't sweat about it.

These 4 5 laptops aren't netbooks, so they also don't use Atom processors. They use Intel I3 or I5 processors (and C2D)
And I'm not that confident they will run OSX, so I hope there will be some people here who can say more about it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy