snow leopard in a pc ( dell d630 using iatkos v8 s3(10.6.3) nvidia)

14 posts in this topic

1.its a dual boot i have windows 7 and snow leopard now in my pc (dell d630)

2.after getting so much knowledge about this i am writing this post

3.install windows 7 in one primary partiiton and then u need one primary partition for mac

4.go to windows 7 and click start and type cmd and open it as administrator

5.type----- disk part,select disk 0,list partition,select partition x ,delete (x=partition that u install mac),and(alsso,do it by disk manager-untile the patition became blach colour ie.unallocated space),then after this type create partition primary id=af then list partition select newly created partition(x) and then type active.that it now this partition is prepare to install mac.keep min 10 to 15 gb for it

6.restart

7.put iatkos disk and boot from cd then select next untile u reached disk utility and erase u r mac patition wid mac os extended (journld)name and repair if u have any repairs

8.in custimization select these options START INSTALL IN VIBRIOS MODE (-V)MODE..

a.boot loader-aser(1st opn)---/ext dir-/fakesmc-disablers-rtc-32bit(must)-evo reboot--intel sata/ide-sound voodo hda(if it wont work select both)--ps/2 apple ps/2-cpu power p-state-select all laptop hardware options-ntfs-3g --network - wireless-bcm---wired bcm 5755m(u can find this number in windows by entering in computer management..) (i have this u select accding to urs )and add if u need any languages..

9.click install and selecting erased partition

10.u will get audio,video,wireless ,ethernet,keybors,mouse,mic,etc

11. this creadit goes to IATKOS TEAM MAINLY...THANK YOU VERYH MUCH ...:-)

12 .there is some lag in dell d630 due to graphics (nvidia)in low clock once it will get to high clock there will be no lag,so we may need some other nvidia driver to eliminate the lag......

13.install perian software to run all videos u can get it in google(my fav site)

14.do not update it will cause unstable of system..

• 3 months later...

Hey dude,

thanks for the info and steps.

I am able to get thru the install fine with your customizations, but I cannot get the display to show on the D630's LCD. It shows up fine on the external vga monitor, and when I toggle displays via Fn F8 it crashes the video display. First the external video gets scrambled, then it tries to switch to the LCD but the screen stays black. I've searched and searched for fixes on several forums but no tips have worked this out for me yet.

One thing about your directions that I can't quite connect with is on #8 you say to start the install in -v mode. How exactly do you do this? No where in the customization screen do I see that option. Could you be meaning to boot the iAtkos s3 disk in -v mode? If so, what difference does that make?

I don't know if that's the reason for my video issue but it's the only step that I haven't (can't) follow.

Thanks again,

tmac7890,

gopinndn's guide(or direction) only works for the nvidia video not intel video. Hope this helps.

Wow that sucks. Too bad he left out that little bit of information. Oh well.

I think I've found what I need to do to fix my black screen over here. (I have a Intel 965 Express graphics card. according to windows. In Snow Leopard it's reading as a x3100)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1362685

Still working on it though...

Thanks java

Wow that sucks. Too bad he left out that little bit of information.

Actually, he didn't leave that little bit of info out. If you read the title, he did say NVIDIA on it. I'm sure the D630 intel VGA will work with the SL, just keep researching and you'll find your answer.

After using gopinndn's guide, I was able to update ALL with normal APPLE Software Update without any problem what so ever.

I confirm this works, however when I try to update all I get a KP ... I also cannot restart/shutdown. Sleep will work, but my laptop doesn't actually enter sleep mode. My power led doesnt blink, yet power button will bring it back to the savestate ...

Any suggestions? Did I miss something?

Ok, this is what I used (D630, Nvidia, Wireless = broadcom) rest of d630 hardware should be identical to every d630

1. iATKOS S3 v2 - it has 10.6.3

2. Set bios on D630 to AHCI

3. Bootloader - AsereBLN v1.1.9

4. Bootloader Options - 32-bit boot, Graphics Enabler

5. Patches - /Extra directory, fakesmc, Disabler, RTC(32bit), EVO Reboot

6. Drivers - INTEL SATA/IDE

7. SOUND - Voodoo HDA

8. PS/2 - Apple PS/2

9. CPU Power Management - Voodoo P-State

10. Latop Hardware - Battery, Card Reader, TSC Sync, ACPI Thermal (32bit) -select all

11. Network wireless - Broadcom

12. Network wired - Broadcom BCM5755M(32bit)

13. Language Translations - select all

With above selections, I was able to do the normal APPLE software update without any problem what so ever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just ran the APPLE software update to 10.6.5 on my d630 without any problems.

My d630 is same as yours, but I meet the shutdown issue(cannot cut off the power automatically).

Do you meet this issue?

Do you know how to deal with it?

Thanks

• 7 months later...
My d630 is same as yours, but I meet the shutdown issue(cannot cut off the power automatically).

Do you meet this issue?

Do you know how to deal with it?

Thanks

Hi , sorry i didnt open this site from so many days so i cant reply you.

A:Yes i do got the same problem and now i am trying to solve 2 prblms 1. power cut and 2.remove the graphics lag (which is due to low clock of graphic card<this prblm was solved in windows wid new nvidia drivers but i am unable to find the solution to this prblm in leopard and i installed ubuntu there is a option in nvidia graphic properties to increase the GPU clock manually. > )

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi javamocha2000 and gopinndn,

I followed your instructions to install iATKOS S3 v2 on my D630 (same hardware as yours).

However, when I clicked "About This Mac", I see my CPU is shown as 2.01GHz where it should be 2.2GHz.

Is it normal because of the SpeedStep or something is wrong?

Please help or comments.

Thank you,

Mitch