GarageBand MIDI conflict issue

northcutt1023

3 posts in this topic

Hello, i have 10.5.7 (leopard) Iatkos 7 installed on my toshiba satellite A105-S4074 with 2.5 GB of ram and an Intel 1.69 GHz processor. I have all of this installed on a 250GB USB 2.0 hard drive. What my problem is that when ever I play my project in garageband,or Logic Studio 9 for that matter, I always get a MIDI conflict with external device error.

The only external device plugged in is the external hard drive , and I think that's what the resolution to my problem revolves around.

On a side note I do have full read/write access to my internal SATA drive but it only has 1 partition and I think it's MBR(Windows 7 ultimate is installed on the internal). So thank you for reading this and I hope someone can solve my problem.

Thanks,

northcutt1023

Err. scratch full read/write to sata. I can read and copy folders, but I have to boot windows to have full read write to both hardrives.

Hi Mate

it's an annoying error related to CPU spikes apparently

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=7453706

I used to get error syncing audio and Midi which was a similar problem, I would try playing the session from your internal drive and see how it goes not using USB.

Cheers

Nobby