Asus P5QPL-AM (Yes AM not VM) flawless on 10.6.4 10A432

2 posts in this topic

Ok my first contribution to this scene

Of course I broke my teeths on a few easier installs but this one is or at least was a b.tch to solve.

I had in a corner this P5QPL-AM Mobo now if you have one you are probably still looking around to getting it up and runing on OSX.

I will spare you all I did and all the distro I tried .... here is the short cut...

The P5QPL-AM does not support AHCI so choose in the bios IDE=COMPATIBLE Obviously in the power tab of the bios also make sure you go S3 support

Use the MyHack method (Conti you are the sweetest OSX hack I have seen in a long time) I have tried a lot of methods but yours is simple straight and it works all the time.... so far

For the IHack goto here

Follow the instruction to the leter ... Prepare a usb key install.... that is the easiest.

To your basic 10.6.4 install add

LAN: AttansicL1e 64 Bit

Audio: Voodoo HDA

For video the X4500 from intel is, that I know, still out of luck ... I found a few thread in here that looked promissing but I gave up and threw in an old Nvidia 7300 Gt that was doing nothin on a shelf ... much much simpler.

So vanilla install ... everything works fine, all cores, full memory, lan, Sound QE/CI. Even updates but on this one do follow Conti's instructions on how to update. Hey I even get the tough soft to work nicely, Ilife, Adobe, Qtime ....

No DSDT hard work no bios patches ... the works...

Cheers

CD

• 1 month later...