Bluetooth Pairng Request Nightmare

3 posts in this topic

I need help, I am so frustrated.

So my question is: How do I block my Macbook's bluetooth from connecting to a specific device (like a headset) so that it will never ask to connect to it. Of course the solution cannot be to disable bluetooth, because I use it with my mouse and keyboard!

To explain: I bought a Motorola Headset H12 and paired it with my macbook to use it in Skype. It worked, but EVERYtime I hooked it to charge it would disconnect and when someone called I could never pick up the headset and answer. There were other issues, but that is not the problem I am facing now. I paired it with another PC laptop and it works great EXCEPT, everytime the bluetooth headset becomes available my macbook asks if I want to pair the headset which prevents the pairing with the PC. I reject the request and it pops up 5 seconds later, so I have to turn my bluetooth off (I use bluetooth mouse and keyboards) in order to pair it correctly with the PC.

Help is greatly appreciated!!

Hey gsw,

thanks for the answer. Discoverable is unchecked, and I removed it from the device column, actually thats the reason it probably keeps popping up to ask me to pair. Also under advanced, I unchecked "Prompt for all incoming audio requests". I even tried editing the bluetooth preference file in my system library, but when I changed any parts of the ID for the headset and saved... as soon as the bluetooth pairing request popped up the preference file reverted!