Anybody having trouble with Software Update?

36 posts in this topic

LOL, no, it teaches you. I already know that. :(

Please relax with the quoting already......

LOL, yup. Sorry about that anyway. So, yeah, I installed the EPSON drivers throught the Print & Fax prefpane and I still didn't see any updates. There may really not be any problem other than the iTunes update not showing up which may even be Apple's problem. I guess I might want to hold off on making any more changes. I guess I'll try the smbios.plist changes you last suggested and tell you if it fixes it.

EDIT: Sorry, I sorta got used to the quoting thing because on a lot of the forums sites I'm on, the mods delete posts all of the time and the conversations make no sense if they're not quoted.

lol, so you're saying now that you didn't use the new smbios.plist before running the update?? :(

After fixing these things, download and run the full Snow Leopard 10.6.3 combo update on your laptop, then try Software Update again.

That was the whole point, to get the update to see your laptop as a MacBookPro1,1 and install the required files for it.

Please understand that I can't help you if you don't follow my directions!

Drop in the fixed smbios.plist and fix fakesmc.kext like I said, reboot and run the updater again.

lol, so you're saying now that you didn't use the new smbios.plist before running the update?? :rolleyes:

That was the whole point, to get the update to see your laptop as a MacBookPro1,1 and install the required files for it.

Drop in the fixed smbios.plist and fix fakesmc.kext like I said, reboot and run the updater again!

Where in fakesmc.kext's Info.plist do I put 1.2f10?

Now you're just quoting in order to {censored} me off, I see no other explanation. I asked you three times. This is my last post in this thread, good luck!

post-188427-1273376875_thumb.png

Just follow the guide, I already gave you the link:

http://prasys.co.cc/2009/11/editing-fakesmc/

This is absolutely terrible the way this is as far as it being easy. What do I have to change 1.2f10 to because I have no clue what I'm supposed to be inputting.

That's kinda weird, but i cant get SOME updates. Just got "Java for Mac OS X 10.6 (Update 2)". But I have iTunes 8!!! O_o Never updated it! And now Software Update says that there are no updates available and I am running newest software.

What does that means? Can some kind soul help me? :rolleyes:

My config is in my signature, my smbios.plist and fakesmc-Info.plist attached.

smbios.plist.txt

Info.plist.txt