iMac i7: Apple Store's RAM Manufacturer and Model?

1 post in this topic

Hi. I had changed my mind and had 8GB customized at the Apple Store coz' although there is a standard specification for RAM, I remembered that memories are more stable if they are bought from the same batch (same time it was manufactured) with the same model and from the same manufacturer. It is sadly twice as much cost as a branded, third-party RAM. It's four 2GB for a total of 8GB coz' I thought since 64-bit really shines only after 4GB especially with pro apps and doing so makes full use of it being 64-bit. If only you could have the Macs at Apple Store not have RAM then it's better to get third-party RAM wherein you could choose a higher speed, more branded but compatible RAM and still make it as stable as possible since you could also get it from that same manufacturer, in the batch and the same model.

What manufacturer and what model is Apple Store's RAM for the i7 coming from by the way? Is it the same RAM (same model, manufacturer) used in the Mac Pros? Is it from Micron, Crucial, Kingston or Corsair? Or is it a RAM model specifically made for iMac i7 or Mac Pros (Mac laptops as well) by another company but with Apple's design like the iPad's A4 chip (which is manufactured by another company)?

Thanks in advance.

Gbu.