Should I do it?

robertmacallen

2 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I am new here and do not know whether this is the right place for thiis post. Please tell me where to go in case it isn't.

I want to switch to max ox, spend a while in an Apple store, liked the product, but it is too expensive in my opinion.

I like to experience how it is to work with a Mac.

I have an old but good Dell latitude d600 laptope I could use to make a Hackintosh. It will be a lot of work, but will it perform well. Everywhere I read it hangs here is slow there, etc.

My question is do I gain speed and easiness in working making it a Hackinosh, or is it just nice to play and better to buy a good new laptop with Microsoft software?

After all you can buy the latest machine with Microsoft stuff and keep money in your pocket, compared with the Apple product.

Thanks

Robert

its not actually the correct place unless you want tiger installed... here is another place to try

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showforum=136

well im not sure... you could... just to point it out, tiger is two versions old... you will prefer leopard as not much will run on tiger any more... start by downloading a distribution... Found on torrent sites... Some examples of osx are iPc, kalyway 10.5.2, iDeneb, iAtkos v7... If you want tiger for some reason, XxX Tiger 10.4.11 final rev 2 would be your best bet. Snow leopard is the newest, but without working leopard it would be difficult and not so easy....

Try a distro... if it works, you can see if you want a new laptop...