Acer Aspire 5920

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

.::Fabio::.

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 8,915 posts
Hello Acer 5920 model which uses (I mean the video card) the rest is all work if you can tell me the model I want a laptop with Snow Leopard excuse my English

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,858 posts
The video is an Intel X3100, compatible but 32 bit only.

Only the default wifi is not supported (Intel 3945ABG), all the rest works.

I replaced the wifi by a Broadcom BCM4311, AirPort compatible.

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 8,915 posts
Hello thanks for the reply

ezechiele25172011

ezechiele25172011

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello,
I have an Acer Aspire 5920G with this hardware:

Core2 Duo T7300 2.0GHz, 800MHz FSB, Cache 4MB L2
RAM 2GB DDR2
Hard Disk: 160GB
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT Turbo Cache
Audio: Realtek Intel HD Audio ALC888 HD
BIOS version: 1.3813

I installed hazard snow leopard version 10.6.2 and updated to snow leopard 10.6.6.
I use chameleon boot loader V2.0 RC3 and I use dual boot with windows seven (64bit) and leo 10.6.6.
All works excepts the wifi 3945ABG so I ordered a pci mini expres card BCM94321MC from here http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=190440123283 but I'll receive it next week.
I have only a serious problem under windows seven: the sleep and hibernate functions doesn't works :-(
I used DSDT-Auto patcher on this forum to generate a dsdt file selecting 5920 from the menu of the app but hibernate function doesn't works; in windows seven when I try to go into hibernate mode the screen become black but it doesn't go to power off and if I click one button on my keyboard the screen lights ad I can use windows as if I hadn't done anything!
Can you help me?
In attach you can find the dsdt.aml that now I'm using.

thank you

Attached Files

• Attached File  dsdt.zip   13.04KB   77 downloads

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,858 posts
Patched DSDT.aml won't affect Windows, just Mac OS X. Does sleep work in Mac OS?

Hibernation problems in Windows are usually related to the "system reserved" partition. If you partition the HD before installing Windows 7, it won't create that partition and suspend/hibernate should work fine.

ezechiele25172011

ezechiele25172011

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Patched DSDT.aml won't affect Windows, just Mac OS X. Does sleep work in Mac OS?

Hibernation problems in Windows are usually related to the "system reserved" partition. If you partition the HD before installing Windows 7, it won't create that partition and suspend/hibernate should work fine.

Before installing MAC OS X I had two partitions on my HD: the first one with windows seven(64 bit) installed and the second one with my data; I used the tool inside windows seven to resize the second partiton to a third partition (25GB) where then I have formatted in MAC OSX Journailed by disk utility of snow leopard DVD installation's boot and installed it.
I'm newbie of MAC OS how can I try if in MAC OS the sleep works? Now I'm at work but I remember that in the menu of leopard I see “Restart,” “Shut Down,” and “Log Out and I don't see Sleep; this evening i check and try it.
But can you tell me if my attached dsdt it's ok and how can I restore suspend/hibernate in windows seven?

thank you

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,858 posts
DSDT looks fine, patches are there.

About hibernation in Windows 7, try turning off hybrid sleep
http://windows.micro...asked-questions

ezechiele25172011

ezechiele25172011

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

DSDT looks fine, patches are there.

About hibernation in Windows 7, try turning off hybrid sleep
http://windows.micro...asked-questions

Ok I'll try it before reinstalling windows seven; I hope it will resolve the problem :(

Another question about that: I had noticed that when I power on my laptop when I boot into Snow leopard by Chameleon boot I see in the upper left corner this message: "Hibernate image is too old by 67592 seconds. Use ForceWake=y to override". If I set ForceWake=y into com.apple.Boot.plist on the next reboot i see this message now:
"header read size 200
Incorrect image signature
pci root uid not found
efi_inject_get_devprop_string NULL trying stringdata"

Could be it the problem of the hibernate/sleep mode in windwos seven? What are the messages listed above?
thanks

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,858 posts
No, I believe there's no relation.

You can run
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
and won't see that message.

ezechiele25172011

ezechiele25172011

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

No, I believe there's no relation.

You can run

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
 sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
and won't see that message.

H oldnapalm, I used your commands and now I don't see anymore the message: "header read size 200
Incorrect image signature" but I stell see :
"pci root uid not found
what is it?

But now I have 2 serious problem:
1) In the MAC OS menu I see only :"Restart","Shut Down" "LogOut","Stop" and I don't see sleep/standby why?
2)The most important problem is that now if I try to Restart\Shut Down the system it doesn't works!! I must power off the system manually! But if I enable 64 bit extensions(adding arch=X86_64 in the com.Boot.apple.plist file) they works unlike 32bit system version(arch=i386) Maybe I'm using some bad kexts :( Can you tell me what are the kexts operating with restart\shut down?

can you help me?
thankyou

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,858 posts

H oldnapalm, I used your commands and now I don't see anymore the message: "header read size 200
Incorrect image signature" but I stell see :
"pci root uid not found
what is it?

I never saw the first one. The second is a debug message left by mistake. Are you using Chameleon RC4?

1) In the MAC OS menu I see only :"Restart","Shut Down" "LogOut","Stop" and I don't see sleep/standby why?

No idea, really.

2)The most important problem is that now if I try to Restart\Shut Down the system it doesn't works!! I must power off the system manually! But if I enable 64 bit extensions(adding arch=X86_64 in the com.Boot.apple.plist file) they works unlike 32bit system version(arch=i386) Maybe I'm using some bad kexts :( Can you tell me what are the kexts operating with restart\shut down?

Restart also doesn't work for me, but shutdown works OOB. I need arch=i386 because my laptop has X3100 video which kexts are 32 bit only.

ezechiele25172011

ezechiele25172011

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I never saw the first one. The second is a debug message left by mistake. Are you using Chameleon RC4?

No idea, really.

Restart also doesn't work for me, but shutdown works OOB. I need arch=i386 because my laptop has X3100 video which kexts are 32 bit only.

Hi, now I'm using Chameleon 2.0 RC3 do you advice to use RC4 ?

But i don't remember exactly when (if before enabling 64 bit version or before installing some kexts) but after the snow leopard installation Restart and shutdownd worked :-(

Now I'm using these kexts installed:

VoodooBattery.kext
NVEnabler 64.kext
OpenHaltRestart.kext
IOUSBFamily.kext
IOPCMCIAFamily.kext
HDAEnabler.kext
ClamshellDisplay.kext
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
AppleHDA.kext

Can you explain if the kexts above are needed and please if you can explain me the meaning of each one?
Can you suggest me a workaround to try to adjust the restart/shutdown problem?

thank you very much

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,858 posts
If shutdown and restart worked before, try to undo the changes you did to find out what is preventing it from working.

About the kexts, all I use are on the first post of this topic.

VoodooBattery.kext - needed
NVEnabler 64.kext - my video is Intel (in your case it could be replaced by GraphicsEnabler in Chameleon RC4, EFI string or DSDT patch)
OpenHaltRestart.kext - makes no difference to me
IOUSBFamily.kext - I don't need it
IOPCMCIAFamily.kext - I don't need it
HDAEnabler.kext - can be replaced by HDEF DSDT patch
ClamshellDisplay.kext - can be replaced by PLNF DSDT patch
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext - needed, as well as VoodooPS2 or ApplePS2
AppleHDA.kext - needed

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,858 posts
O reiniciar funciona com esse patch no Chameleon (boot revisão 760 anexado)

Restart works with this patch in Chameleon (compiled revision 760 boot attached)

http://forum.voodoop...02.html#msg9802

Attached File  boot.zip   104.76KB   98 downloads

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,858 posts
AppleHDA 10.6.8 editada para o Acer Aspire 5920 (ALC888)
http://www.mediafire...ycbj63h5dbt9cqw

Precisei restaurar as kexts IOPCIFamily e AppleACPIPlatform da versão anterior após o update.

Também precisei configurar o SMboardproduct no smbios.plist para a wireless funcionar.

Jorge Rivera

Jorge Rivera

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Hi, I'm having a lot of freezes on my Acer 5920, everything works fine, webcam without cam twist, audio with appleHDA kext found in other forum, but when opening multiple apps an working between them makes Lion to freeze or show the turn off your mac by pressing the power button. With the dsdt posted on the first post shows the black screen, without or with patched dsdt freeze the system, only works mouse nothing else. Any ideas?...

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,858 posts
Use DSDT Auto-Patcher instead of pre-patched DSDT.

Which wireless card are you using? Did you set SMboardproduct in smbios.plist?

Jorge Rivera

Jorge Rivera

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
The problem seem to be AppleIntelX3100FB kext. panic(cpu 1 caller 0x114dcf2): AppleIntelGMAX3100FB GPU parser error. And it looks like its because intel gma on Acer gets too hot... dam!!!!
I'm using Dell 1395 wifi, not using SMBoardproduct.

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,858 posts
Try setting SMboardproduct, I had slowdown problems since 10.6.8 without it, it may be causing the overheat.

Are you using native power management? Don't use NullCPUPowerManagement, native PM works fine, just set SMproductname as MacBookPro5,1.

Jorge Rivera

Jorge Rivera

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
I'm not using NullCpuPowerManagement or similar... and in smbios : SMproductname as MacBookPro5,1.
I don't know why i always get that error, It happens when I'm working with various apps that are graphic intense like iTunes, jdownloader, photo booth, fluid, safari youtube, mail and msn messenger... it hangs after an hour or less.. CPUA and CPUB gets 50º max 55º...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy