Some speedstep / SMBus questions ?

Marc Peter

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am confused,

My System GB P35C-DS3R/Q9550

- When i add the MB SMBBus id "8086:2930" to SMBusPCI/.../Info.plist and reboot SMBusPCI and Controll will not load automatic. Also the CPU Penrym kext profile.

When I load it manual PCI, Controll will load and list with kextstat but Penrym not. Speedstep works but not automatic sleep

- When i remove the SMBus id from SMBusPCI/.../Info.plist and reboot, SMBusPCI and Controller will not load but Penrym Profile kext will load. Speedstep works but not automatic sleep

* UPDATE *

Now i have remove my CD/DVD Re-Writer and Vanilla Sleep will works without smbus and penrym kext's that's realy confused for me :-)

Can some one help me debug?

Thanks

MacPit

dsdt.dsl.zip

i believe your problems have different causes:

for speedstep you have to check, if AppleLPC.kext at the ISA-Device ( called SBRG Southbridge with Asus Boards or PX40 with Gigabyte Boards) is loaded, if not, patch your DSDT with the nearest ID ( explained in the generic speestep topic)

for sleep, sleep-enabler exist for 10.6.2. and 10.6.0, be sure to use the right one. otherwise USB and DVD-Drive can cause this trouble.

smbus, there is a fakesmc.kext, which emulates an smbus, which afaik isnt existent in non-apple HW, or can be "injected" via DSDT. but elsewhere explained it has not such a significance.

Hi,

- The LPC kext i found with kextstat, sleep and speedstep works now without the DVD.

- The Sleep enabler kext i have never install i need for sleep with DVD?

- And for what is the Penrym kext? actual was don't loaded.

Cheers

MacPit

Thanks for the link, but my question is for what is the penryn driver (kext)? What is the function of the driver?

MacPit

Does the dirty Job and goes down to the cellar of your CPU and manages the machine room from the captain´s order via DSDT

If you have IORegExplorer you better understand .kexts, where they are and what they do :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
SMBBus

Look it(use diffmerge)

dsdt.aml_Marc_Peter.zip

kextstat|grep SMBus

i actually have a question too..to have perfect vanilla speedstep do we have to use ssdt tables too or just some dsdt editing..i have extracted my ssdt from my hackintosh and i dont know what to do with it.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1514836