Snow Leopard 10.6 on Acer Aspire One D250 reboot loop.*Solved!*

zarya

4 posts in this topic

EDIT: I believe I solved this by updating to the 1.25 (newest) BIOS for the Acer Aspire D250!

Hope this works for everyone else out there!

Bluetooh and Webcam works out of the box!

Hi, I've been using osx86 for a long time and I'm not a complete noob. I've got retail running perfectly on my P5Q-Pro.

I installed Snow leopard retail (usb boot, from a image I made from the upgrade cd I bought). I've used this image before so I know it's ok.

installation went fine(used netbookmaker). Boot process shows no alerting errors that I can see other than it takes a while to boot from systemShutdown.

As soon as it boots I get a blue screen, mouse pops up and the whole screen turns grey and the netbook reboots.

Also as it reboots the reddish orange light on the power button flickers once (thought this might be useful to mention).

Could it have anything to do with sleep / hibernation issues?

I tried removing the AppleCPUmanagement kext but with no success so far.

:unsure: 10.5.6 works alright, but is slow and not really that stable.

Does anyone know anything that could help me?

My netbook is a: Acer Aspire One D250-1Bd KAV60.

EDIT: I believe I solved this by updating to the 1.25 (newest) BIOS for the Acer Aspire D250!

Hope this works for everyone else out there!

Bluetooh and Webcam works out of the box!

Hi, I've been using osx86 for a long time and I'm not a complete noob. I've got retail running perfectly on my P5Q-Pro.

I installed Snow leopard retail (usb boot, from a image I made from the upgrade cd I bought). I've used this image before so I know it's ok.

installation went fine(used netbookmaker). Boot process shows no alerting errors that I can see other than it takes a while to boot from systemShutdown.

As soon as it boots I get a blue screen, mouse pops up and the whole screen turns grey and the netbook reboots.

Also as it reboots the reddish orange light on the power button flickers once (thought this might be useful to mention).

Could it have anything to do with sleep / hibernation issues?

I tried removing the AppleCPUmanagement kext but with no success so far.

:D 10.5.6 works alright, but is slow and not really that stable.

Does anyone know anything that could help me?

My netbook is a: Acer Aspire One D250-1Bd KAV60.

Can you explain your process to update your bios did you need a windows machine to do it?

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I had to do the bios update via Windows. Acer's website should have a list of all the bios updates and I downloaded 1.25 - 1.27 but only installed 1.25 since that's what the guide called for. I'm now waiting to get a copy of Snow Leopard so I can start trying to install it. Anyone had any luck? Or tips?

Can you explain your process to update your bios did you need a windows machine to do it?

• 1 month later...