• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

misterfinster

misterfinster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Not sure if anyone else is looking for DG33TL stuff anymore, but sleep seems to work for me using Chameleon RC5 r650, SleepEnabler.kext (in S/L/E) and the attached DSDT.aml file. I think the kicker was that I applied the ICH9/USB Sleep patch from DSDT Patcher. Now sleep works even by waking up from mouse click! I'm sure I did something else as well, if anyone is interested in more details I might be able to scrounge something up...

Attached Files

tweak41

tweak41

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Not sure if anyone else is looking for DG33TL stuff anymore, but sleep seems to work for me using Chameleon RC5 r650, SleepEnabler.kext (in S/L/E) and the attached DSDT.aml file. I think the kicker was that I applied the ICH9/USB Sleep patch from DSDT Patcher. Now sleep works even by waking up from mouse click! I'm sure I did something else as well, if anyone is interested in more details I might be able to scrounge something up...

Which SleepEnabler.kext did you use?

SleepEnabler.kext isn't even necessary. See below.

tweak41

tweak41

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
Hey again,

So, I've managed to get this board working 100% with some fiddling! Yay!

This guide is good, if you can install Snow Leopard from USB, then you've got all the knowledge you need to know to get this guy up and running effectively.

Note: I've got a Q6700 attached to this board. If you're not using a Quad Core, you *may* need to edit the DSDT.

What it's missing--

DSDT: Attached File  dsdt.aml.zip   5.39KB   55 downloads
Extensions: Attached File  Extensions.zip   407.81KB   47 downloads

Those items will go into your Extra folder. I used the latest version of Chameleon, RC5, which ErmaC maintains here: Chameleon RC5 Installer

If you want onboard ethernet to work, which I suppose you would, then you'll need to place this kext in /System/Library/Extensions: Attached File  Intel82566MM.kext.zip   129.86KB   27 downloads

It will not work if you put it in /Extra/Extensions.

Make sure to enable HPET in BIOS so that OS X can control it natively!

Lastly, you want sleep. To enable this you simply need to go into your BIOS and change Sleep from S3 to S1. Oddly enough, Windows won't sleep on S3 either. I believe S3 is the default, which is pretty useless since it doesn't cooperate with Linux, Windows, or OS X.

To recap you need these files in the following places:

In /Extra/
  • com.apple.Boot.plist
  • dsdt.aml
In /Extra/Extensions/
  • AppleVIAATA.kext - For the IDE Controller if you have any drives attached
  • fakesmc.kext
  • VoodooHDA.kext
In /System/Library/Extensions
  • Intel82566MM.kext - For ethernet
That's literally it! You don't need any other kexts or modifications! Enjoy! :)

WhatTheTech

WhatTheTech

Macmodder Addict

• Retired
  • 458 posts
Just wondering whether you are still using this board? I'm running Mountain Lion on it with some sleep issues, and I'm sure you (and the rest of the world) have moved on - just thought I would check!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy