• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

zzrider

zzrider

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Instead of boring you with how the hard drive got messed up, I'll skip that part and get to the point.

My Apple TV works- but will not do any updates, will not restore, and sometimes I have to unplug it and plug it back in because when I click a movie it will reboot on its own.

So lets just pretend I have an ATV with no hard drive in it at all and I just went out and purchased a new hard drive for it.
Does Apple have the files needed to install the OS back onto a drive so I can get this thing back up and running flawlessly as it was before?

As far as I can remember the ATV HD has 3 partitions- one is a restore partition, one is called Boot, and the third is called Media? I think the restore partition is what has become corrupt.

Anyway- if anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it.

PS- I'm not really interested in hacks or anything. Hulu runs like {censored} and thats the only reason I ever wanted to hack into the OS.

TIA!

booger_sniffer5000

booger_sniffer5000

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Interests:OSx86 (duh)
There are full restore images on TPB. :D

microphone

microphone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
http://www.broadcom....utions/BCM70015

waiting for it.......any day now.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy