• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Eos9

Eos9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Having just changed to Mac from years using Windows I would appreciate your help with the following issue.
I have a program which automatically starts up each and every time I switch the Mac on.
This happens despite having unchecked the option within the program set-up to do this.
I recall that in Windows you were able to check which applications were in the 'Start -up' and could delete or amend any files or programs that you didn't want running every time the PC was switched on.
I want to keep the program but would simply prefer to start or use the program when I need it as opposed to it automatically starting up every time.
Any help in finding the appropriate file and preventing the program from automatically starting is much appreciated.

Netaro

Netaro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Try - System Preferences -> Accounts -> Login Items. There you can either hide the application or remove it completely from start-up list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy