Wind U123, Snow Leopard + Synaptics

exxus

6 posts in this topic

Hi.

I have successfully installed Snow Leopard on my MSI Wind U123. Everything is working fine (even the wlan is working after replacing the wlan card), but I've yet to get multi-touch and tapping working. My machine has a Synaptics touchpad, and I've tried all available methods (fiddling with the settings, changing the touchpad kext in the VoodooPS2Controller, tried CyberGreg's driver etc.) with no luck (Apple's Trackpad pref pane doesn't load). Any tips on how to get tapping and multi-touch (incl. two-finger scrolling) working?

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi.

I have successfully installed Snow Leopard on my MSI Wind U123. Everything is working fine (even the wlan is working after replacing the wlan card), but I've yet to get multi-touch and tapping working. My machine has a Synaptics touchpad, and I've tried all available methods (fiddling with the settings, changing the touchpad kext in the VoodooPS2Controller, tried CyberGreg's driver etc.) with no luck (Apple's Trackpad pref pane doesn't load). Any tips on how to get tapping and multi-touch (incl. two-finger scrolling) working?

Thanks in advance.

Exxus, which wlan card did you bought?

There are not many as they are half size PCI-Ex... I saw:

BCM94312

Intel 5100

Intel 5300

Atheros AR928x

Atheros 5B93

BCM94322

Whichone do you recommend?

Best Regards.

I bought a Dell 1510 (BCM94322) from Ebay for $25 - works perfectly out of box. I also got the touchpad working by moving the VoodooPs2Controller.kext over to the Chameleon EFI partition. So everything is working on 10.6.2 now.

• 4 weeks later...
i bought the BCM94322 DW1510 and nothing happend on my snow leopard.

Also my snow leopard don't recognize the card.

Did you install something to activate the card?

Yes, I had to re-install Snow Leopard in order to get the wlan card to work out of box.

• 4 weeks later...