Snow Leopard random freeze .

DanBadea

7 posts in this topic

Dear sir,

First of all, congratulation for your works. Second, sorry for my poor English.

Let's see what is my problem.

I install Snow leopard on my system using tutorial from this link :

Installation was successful but Snow Leopard don't start. Was missing VIA SATA/ATA driver. I install the driver from Iatkos V7 install disk and Snow Leopard start. After that it was problem with VIDEO driver, For that I install NVENABLER from Iatkos V7. Another problem was sound. I test woodoohda but after a while it crash. I change woodoohda with AZALIA driver from Iatkos V7 and sound is ok (output is ok, input don't exist but I can live with this for the moment). For my WI-FI I install Leopard driver from original install CD and work ok.

Seems to be a happy end ! But is not :D

My Snow leopard run extremely well some time. Some time run 1 minute , sometime 2 hour , sometime 5 hour , sometime a day, but at the final FREEZE. :yoji:

When it FREEZE only restart method is power button for 4 seconds. I observe that sometime freeze only mouse and keys wifi not freeze but after a while freeze and wifi and all computer and only method to restart is... power button.

This problem is not only to Snow Leopard but also to Leopard 10.5.7 updated to 10.5.8.

Please, from your large experience with this system, tell me what is missing ? what is wrong ?

In DSDT.aml I have only one warning no error. I test Leo and Snow Leo from 6 month and every time I install the system I receive this stupid FREEZE.

Best regards

Dan Badea

I had similar problems and found that it was and ide hard drive bad. removed the drive and all was find. I have found in the past that on PC that a hardware problem is 56% drivers 40% then the software. I hope someone else with more know who can help. Look here for some information http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,104.0.html

I also found this site at insanelymac on kexts

http://www.insanelymac.com/2009/09/downloa...pard-3264-bits/

Dear sir (and lady) :(

I'm in business :D from 2 days i spend 24 hour on day to instal and install and reinstall Leopard and Snow leopard. This pussycat drive me crazy . But... I discover a very interesting things.

For the my stupid freeze I discover some situation that I can associate with this freeze.

First of all, for this freeze i assumed the guilty is VIA - SATA/ATA driver , that is from Iatkos V7 Leopard install DVD, but soon I renounce on this theory because IVEN in Leopard is same freeze.

Only thing that has no driver in Leopard is USB and Fire-Wire. I can't install from Iatkos because it fight with VIA SATA/ATA driver and it win, SATA / ATA driver is not load and I receive "still wait for root device" in pussycat boot.

Eh... that was until yesterday. Yesterday I receive another stupid freeze but only on mouse and key (that is on USB). I remember that I have on the one USB port a no-name USB-HUB.

WITH MOUSE AND KEY FREEZE (BLOCKED) I TAKE OUT THE MOUSE AND THE KEY FROM COMPUTER USB PORT AND I PUT BOUTH IN THE 2 OF THE USB-HUB PORT. IT'S START IMMEDIATELY (DE BLOCKED FROM FREEZE) !!!!!! WIDOUT RESTART FROM POWER BUTTON!!!!!!! OR ANY OTHER MANEUVER.

I struggling the pussycat (Leopard) with al the goodies, online TV + 1080p HD trailers + dreamweaver + photoshop + flash, all in same time, CPU was in 200% :P) , and all the goodies that I have in, in that situation normally it freeze but the pussycat DON'T WHAN TO FREEZE!!!!!!!

Now I go for next step, I reinstall Snow Pussycat on another HDD and see what it happening .

But , if somebody know a general install guide or some advice for how and what to use to boot the snow (usually I use tutorial above). with this tutorial I have a problem. I receive "still waiting for root device..." don't exist VIA SATA/ATA driver and it must to install from Iatkos V7 and is not ok from my opinion. Another problem that I have, with MOBO - not have AHCI on SATA settings but I think that is not a problem on Snow pussycat install.

That is for now, see you soon, I hope wit a super stable Pussycat.

Best regards

Dan Badea

PS Don't forget to excuse me for this English.

Dear sir

I'm very sorry to heat that anybody have some stupid freeze problems. I have 2 days width out FREEZES !!! I receive 2 kernel panic but it was normally for what i'm doing. Please let me another day and I put in this tread, step by step what I did until now. My success wit this freezes was not science, was 4 month read on various post forum, patience, inspiration, logic good lock and very much work. All that because I have a stupid PC and a stupid idea to install Snow Kitty on this stupid machine and I have no money to change this stupid machine now. But... in this stupid machine, now is running Snow Kitty in the pure Vanilla 64 bit and you don't think haw manny another very beauty things, very, very, very stable, stable as a rock.

Was a real and beautiful adventure for a 15 years Windows user.

Best regard

Dan Badea

and please, excuse my English.