HELP: upgrade from iATKOS v7 to snow leopard?

10 posts in this topic

Hi, i am currently running iAtkos v7, and i would like to install snow leopard onto my hackintosh. i was wondering if i didnt have to overwrite my leopard install, because i have a lot of data on here

Intel Core i7 920

Intel DX58SO mobo

2x WD caviar black 1TB HDDS, one for mac, one for windows

EVGA GeForce GTS 250 1G DDR3

any help would be greatly appreciated :wacko:

just applications or apps AND data? i dont wan tto lose all my pics and itunes and everything.

Ideal way to do it, is to have a second drive to wich you install snow leopard. Then, after fresh install you can transfer your old account throught the migration assistant. Works like charm, i've done this several times with no problems.

Ideal way to do it, is to have a second drive to wich you install snow leopard. Then, after fresh install you can transfer your old account throught the migration assistant. Works like charm, i've done this several times with no problems.

so, you are saying i can transfer my acct info from leopard to a snow leopard HDD, right? would this also work with a time machine backup?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi, i am currently running iAtkos v7, and i would like to install snow leopard onto my hackintosh. i was wondering if i didnt have to overwrite my leopard install, because i have a lot of data on here

Intel Core i7 920

Intel DX58SO mobo

2x WD caviar black 1TB HDDS, one for mac, one for windows

EVGA GeForce GTS 250 1G DDR3

any help would be greatly appreciated :D

I think also about upgrade

• 3 months later...