• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

toxinator

toxinator

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all, thanks alot for this guide. I'm using a HP 6720 & I think I'm @ the right place to get some help on installing SL. I'm new to mac environment so forgive me for asking these easy questions. Posted Image

----------
my current environment ->
HP 6720 running iDeneb 10.5.7
a spare HDD that i can plug to laptop which im setting up SL.
SL DVD & ISO (10.6.3)
----------

I'm stuck @ step 3 as I'm not sure where to copy which file.

Step 3 it says ;

Install chameleon 2 RC3 on the Snow disk (be careful about installation destination)
EDITED
Download this pack Thanks to blackch
In Extra folder copy dsdt.aml file found here
(Thanks to Blackch and grpince for fixing dsdt.aml file)
copy the rest of the files to the appropriate folders

Now we need mkextMaker v2.2 utilityPosted Image from here
Drag Extensions folder from Snow HDD on mkextMaker icon and mkext maker will make extensions.mkext in you Extra folder.
Remove the IOATAFamily.kext from /Snow/System/Library/Extensions and replace it with the file you'll find in the SL pack
(it's Leo 10.5.8 Version)

1. Install chameleon 2 rc3 -> done
2. For the operations in Extra folder contents

Extensions - Copied it to SNOW drive System\Library\Extensions folder
~Boot.plist - Copied to Snow drive Library\Preferences\System Configuration folder & Extra folder
dsdt.aml - Copied to Extra Folder in SNOW drive
smbios.plist - Copied to Extra Folder in SNOW drive

Themes folder, voodoohdahelper, helper.sh, Extensions.mkext - I couldnt find where to copy or replace in SNOW drive. Can someone please tell me where I can put these files.

---------------

I ran the mkext utility & drag dropped the Extensions folder in System\Library\ & finally it said "sorry could not create extensions.mkext"

Also the step 3 final stage -> Replace the IOATAFamily.kext its not clear from where to get the file as it says "you'll find in the SL pack" is it from the SL dvd or from the existing laptop which has 10.5.8 . Because im not sure I replaced it with a file I found on 10.5.7 iDeneb running on 6720.

----------------

How ever finally when i plugged back the Snow drive to 6720 & booted from it, the booting stopped @ a screen where it asked for me to plug keyboard. ( i believe the ps2 mouse & k/b in laptop are not recognized, how wil I fix this ? )

If someone can offer me help on places i encountered problems i'd be very grateful.

Thanks alot

Cheers,

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
You should check updated guide from blackch here.

5hadow

5hadow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey guys im new here unfortunitly i am haveing a very big problem i have the hp 530 notebook i installed and ran leopard fine but i wanted snow leopard i have the celeron m possessor and iatkos s3 v2 installs fine but at boot with no bootflags it sits at apple logo on first boot and with either or both -v -x it gose thru a list of text and just infinit loop of restarting after that can anyone help me? 

info-lcc

info-lcc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
hey ive followd your tutorial and the most is running only the sound makes problems!
the output jack is working but the internal speaker isn´ t working
so what culd i do?

its an 6720s laptop

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,477 posts
Please, get the best DSDT (v0.20) created for our laptop HERE!
@smilenkovski, my friend you need apply the patch in Device (ARPT) to enable native AirPort for your broadcom in HP 550.

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
Thanks juanerson I've done that. Works nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy