125 replies to this topic

djspan

djspan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Thanks your a genius! :L

Works great on My Dell Studio 1537 Hackintosh!

Finally native res and cursor.

Keep up the good work!

Dan

iuzzef

iuzzef

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello

I have a Inspiron 1545 laptop and IPC 10.5.6 snow leopard flavor

I am using soft cursor AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext only and I sucessfully got rid of the mouse lines problem and I got native resolution, I have also placed dsdt.aml file in my root folder.

However I still have the blue screen + sleep problem.

so I am using the power key + S and after 30 seconds power key again to wake it up.

Question:

Does the dsdt.asl file works on snow leopard?
Do I need chamaleon to load a .aml file?

Thanks.

陈小龙

陈小龙

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
I just installed this kext in Snow Leopard 10.6.1 and it doesn't work. I have 3 theories on how to get it working:

1) Run Snow Leopard with 32bit kernel
2) Use the DSDT.aml file (does it work in Snow Leopard?)
3) Patch the kext in Snow Leopard (how do I do that?)

Keep up the good work!!
I hope you get QE/CL working soon. I would gladly help test.

iuzzef

iuzzef

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
My blue screen and black out video problem on my Inspiron 1545 laptop, disappeared probably using the dsdt.asl in this threat AND after I enabled the QuarzGL with the OSX86tools.

:(

Question
What functions does QE/CL control?
I certainly couldn't watched a DVD...

thehrushi

thehrushi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I also use Inspiron 1545. I can't seem to get how to use the kexts. Plz guide me I'm new to mac.

iuzzef

iuzzef

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi, I also use Inspiron 1545. I can't seem to get how to use the kexts. Plz guide me I'm new to mac.

Check this kext helper

Guest: darklocust_*

Guest: darklocust_*
  • Guests
This worked for me :)

iDeneb 1.6 10.5.8 Lite Edition on Lenovo U330

hellence

hellence

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I just installed this kext in Snow Leopard 10.6.1 and it doesn't work. I have 3 theories on how to get it working:

1) Run Snow Leopard with 32bit kernel
2) Use the DSDT.aml file (does it work in Snow Leopard?)
3) Patch the kext in Snow Leopard (how do I do that?)

Keep up the good work!!
I hope you get QE/CL working soon. I would gladly help test.

nice try, budy!

I'm using a dell latiitude e4300 with a X4500(2a42) like you guys

but my OS is WIN7+snow leopard,seems not so popular here

I'm just wandering

is there anyone with a x4500 on its laptop made it work on snow leopard?

thanks

myska

myska

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

nice try, budy!

I'm using a dell latiitude e4300 with a X4500(2a42) like you guys

but my OS is WIN7+snow leopardŒseems not so popular here

I'm just wandering

is there anyone with a x4500 on its laptop made it work on snow leopard?

thanks

Yes I did on my inspiron 1545 (0x2a42) in 32-bit mode and updated successfully to 10.6.2 but I had to reinstall the kext after the update (the dsdt provided by ahhkolaa works too).

createstar

createstar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

hi guys, does this kext work on snow leopard as well?

and is there any chance to get QE/CI sooner or later? what do you think?

thanks bye!

yes, It worked on Snow Leo 10.6.2. it is for 32bit only.

createstar

createstar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

First of all i am not a system programmer.. Its just a pure tweak.. :P :P

Many of users reporting mouse artifact for their compaq and lenovo laptop's having Intel 4500 MHD (Dev ID 2a42).
As shown in the below picture.

Posted Image

I have hexedited the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext (Version 1.5.48) using Lavender.t's post to make use of software cursor instead of a hardware cursor. You can see the result
Posted Image

u should only install this kext if u having 4500MHD (2a42) and also with an mouse artifact. It will not enable QE/CI for your mac.

Steps to install

1.Download kexthelper.
2.Download the Edited Kext
3.Extract It.
4.Drag the kext to kext helper> Type the admin password> and click easy install
5.Reboot with bootflags '-f -v'

Thankz to Lavender.t :D

It works on Dell Vostro 1320!

Another question, how to change Device ID on Kext files? Do i need only to change the info.plist file ? or I have to use the source code to rebuild the kext ?

I found there was a new 64bit 4500MHD here
http://www.mediafire.com/?mnd4moiim2j
but it does not support (Dev ID 2a42), how do I modify it and get it works?

Anybody who expert to do it, please post your idea.

Many Many Thanks !!!

debugbr

debugbr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Another question, how to change Device ID on Kext files? Do i need only to change the info.plist file ? or I have to use the source code to rebuild the kext ?

I found there was a new 64bit 4500MHD here
http://www.mediafire.com/?mnd4moiim2j
but it does not support (Dev ID 2a42), how do I modify it and get it works?

I'm not sure about this. I've tried here on a SL 64bit and that kext loads ok. So, I edited Info.plist changing the model to 2a42, but it didn't work. Nothing happens (with -f -v on boot).

So I guess this "driver" here is edited on the binary code, not only info.plist. Trying to load a 32bit kext on a 64bit system won't work too. I prefer using 64bit.. but that 1024x768 is getting me insane :(

EDIT 1: I changed GMAX3100.kext and GMAX3100FB.kext to load using device id 2A42 (GMA4500). I wasn't expecting this to work, of course. Everytime I change a kext here, I kill the driver and the whole system (I'm a noob, I know :P). But something happened. The kext loaded, this I can tell you for sure: I didn't got a 1024x768 screen. First time, I got a blue screen. Then, changing again the kexts (one fixed at 2A42 and the other the original x64 driver - I don't remember which one I edited, sry), I got a gray screen. Then, editing again and copying some files, bla bla bla, I got a black screen. One time I got a system reboot, but I was wondering if this happened because I changed kext file in single user mode without rebooting lol.

Anyway, I'm gonna test a new dsdt.aml to see what happens. If this works, I'm gonna post here everything. If does not, I'm gonna edit this reply.

EDIT 2: No, it didn't work. Actually, I think that a nice dsdt could fix the problem. When I reinstalled kexts (and they are 64bit for sure (at least that's what SL says)) and applied dsdt.aml to my /, it got to a blue screen. First the gray screen, then the blue screen. On Leopard (10.5.8, which I'm using to write this right now), the same patch/dsdt goes first to a blue screen (I guess at 1024x768), then display turns off (for 0.25s, I guess) and turns on again, using the correct resolution (for me it's 1366x768).

I'm gonna do a research about the DSDT stuff to see what I can get.

PS: the guy who made this hack for 32bit couldn't help us to put it on a 64bit enviroment? ;)

zvnkt

zvnkt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Thank you all of you, such a masterpiece. The Nobel prizes should be rewarded to all of you.
I installed this kext on my laptop Dell Studio 1555 and it worked perfectly. Yesterday I had the artifact problem with the kext of Tienekie, but now my mouse reverts normally.
But still no QE/CI. :)

I have a naive question! If I gained my native resolution, but not QE/CI, did I have the best performance of MAC OSX in term of colour, image quality.... or my graphic have to be supported QE/CI in order to display the best image?
Thank you guys!

debugbr

debugbr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Thank you all of you, such a masterpiece. The Nobel prizes should be rewarded to all of you.

Keep that for when we get QE/CI :P

I have a naive question! If I gained my native resolution, but not QE/CI, did I have the best performance of MAC OSX in term of colour, image quality.... or my graphic have to be supported QE/CI in order to display the best image?
Thank you guys!

I don't know what you mean with "best image". Actually, I don't know the answer for your question, I guess (trying to understand).

As far as I know, QE/CI are for 3D graphics (correct me anyone if I'm wrong). So forget about insane games ;) (well, since you have a laptop with onboard graphics (like me) you shouldn't think about games heheheheh)

And I read somewhere that QE/CI makes your OSX use less cpu power to draw stuff on screen. I guess it's true. Makes sense to me (at least about GL/whatever things).

bboyg

bboyg

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Keep that for when we get QE/CI :P

I don't know what you mean with "best image". Actually, I don't know the answer for your question, I guess (trying to understand).

As far as I know, QE/CI are for 3D graphics (correct me anyone if I'm wrong). So forget about insane games ;) (well, since you have a laptop with onboard graphics (like me) you shouldn't think about games heheheheh)

And I read somewhere that QE/CI makes your OSX use less cpu power to draw stuff on screen. I guess it's true. Makes sense to me (at least about GL/whatever things).

Who talk about stupid games?!??!?!?!? 

Try watch HD movie or even full screen with some player diferent from quicktime+perian. Try use iWork, iLife or other software who need QE/CI... 

If u think that QE/CI is only for 3D gaming, sorry but u are totaly wrong!!!

debugbr

debugbr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Try watch HD movie ot even full screen with some player diferent from quicktime+perian. Try use iWork, iLife or other software who need QE/CI...

Yeah, that's true.

If u think that QE/CI is only for 3D gaming, sorry but u are totaly wrong!!!

Nops. My mistake. I don't. I was just trying to create an idea for that guy.

And you could be not-so-rude sometime. I don't need to remember any useful (or not) thing which uses QE/CI. Actually, nobody here knows and remember everything.

PS: "as far as I know" = I can be wrong. ;)

zvnkt

zvnkt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Keep that for when we get QE/CI :D

As far as I know, QE/CI are for 3D graphics (correct me anyone if I'm wrong). So forget about insane games :) (well, since you have a laptop with onboard graphics (like me) you shouldn't think about games heheheheh)

Best image, I mean the quality of image, such as colour, contrast... Because I am now using both Windows 7 and Mac OSX86, in my opinion, the colour of MacOSX (maybe something else about the quality image) is not as good as windows 7, so I doubt that not supporting QE/CI yet makes MAC OSX86 so.
As regards to games, I don't mean to play games on my laptop, however, I have tried to play a Television Software online, and I just get sound, not the image. The screen of the Player is absolutely black. I have not tried with a video yet, but I think it is due to the GMA4500.

debugbr

debugbr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Best image, I mean the quality of image, such as colour, contrast... Because I am now using both Windows 7 and Mac OSX86, in my opinion, the colour of MacOSX (maybe something else about the quality image) is not as good as windows 7, so I doubt that not supporting QE/CI yet makes MAC OSX86 so.

Ah. I didn't care about this. Sorry, I don't know how to answer this. Does your Windows or OSX have installed any app to configure the colors? Afaik, it's possible to do that on Windows, but I don't know about OSX.

As regards to games, I don't mean to play games on my laptop, however, I have tried to play a Television Software online, and I just get sound, not the image. The screen of the Player is absolutely black. I have not tried with a video yet, but I think it is due to the GMA4500.

Maybe. One day I tried to play a video on QuickTime. Didn't work. So I was wondering why.. and I've found that I didn't have the codec for that type. So I installed it and the player worked. Just an idea... :)

bboyg

bboyg

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
debugbr, sorry about the rude language :)

debugbr

debugbr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

debugbr, sorry about the rude language :)

No problem. We are all in the same boat here. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy