SOLVED:X4500 Mouse artifact with Native Resolution

jasim

126 posts in this topic

First of all i am not a system programmer.. Its just a pure tweak.. :P:P

Many of users reporting mouse artifact for their compaq and lenovo laptop's having Intel 4500 MHD (Dev ID 2a42).

As shown in the below picture.

tuvfru35pt.jpg

I have hexedited the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext (Version 1.5.48) using Lavender.t's post to make use of software cursor instead of a hardware cursor. You can see the result

tuvvvndy4x.jpg

u should only install this kext if u having 4500MHD (2a42) and also with an mouse artifact. It will not enable QE/CI for your mac.

Steps to install

1.Download kexthelper.

2.Download the Edited Kext AppleIntelGMAX3100FB_softcursor_sleep.kext.zip

3.Extract It.

4.Drag the kext to kext helper> Type the admin password> and click easy install

5.Reboot with bootflags '-f -v'

Thankz to Lavender.t :D

It works on Dell Vostro 1320!

Another question, how to change Device ID on Kext files? Do i need only to change the info.plist file ? or I have to use the source code to rebuild the kext ?

I found there was a new 64bit 4500MHD here

http://www.mediafire.com/?mnd4moiim2j

but it does not support (Dev ID 2a42), how do I modify it and get it works?

Anybody who expert to do it, please post your idea.

Many Many Thanks !!!

• 3 weeks later...
Another question, how to change Device ID on Kext files? Do i need only to change the info.plist file ? or I have to use the source code to rebuild the kext ?

I found there was a new 64bit 4500MHD here

http://www.mediafire.com/?mnd4moiim2j

but it does not support (Dev ID 2a42), how do I modify it and get it works?

I'm not sure about this. I've tried here on a SL 64bit and that kext loads ok. So, I edited Info.plist changing the model to 2a42, but it didn't work. Nothing happens (with -f -v on boot).

So I guess this "driver" here is edited on the binary code, not only info.plist. Trying to load a 32bit kext on a 64bit system won't work too. I prefer using 64bit.. but that 1024x768 is getting me insane :(

EDIT 1: I changed GMAX3100.kext and GMAX3100FB.kext to load using device id 2A42 (GMA4500). I wasn't expecting this to work, of course. Everytime I change a kext here, I kill the driver and the whole system (I'm a noob, I know :P). But something happened. The kext loaded, this I can tell you for sure: I didn't got a 1024x768 screen. First time, I got a blue screen. Then, changing again the kexts (one fixed at 2A42 and the other the original x64 driver - I don't remember which one I edited, sry), I got a gray screen. Then, editing again and copying some files, bla bla bla, I got a black screen. One time I got a system reboot, but I was wondering if this happened because I changed kext file in single user mode without rebooting lol.

Anyway, I'm gonna test a new dsdt.aml to see what happens. If this works, I'm gonna post here everything. If does not, I'm gonna edit this reply.

EDIT 2: No, it didn't work. Actually, I think that a nice dsdt could fix the problem. When I reinstalled kexts (and they are 64bit for sure (at least that's what SL says)) and applied dsdt.aml to my /, it got to a blue screen. First the gray screen, then the blue screen. On Leopard (10.5.8, which I'm using to write this right now), the same patch/dsdt goes first to a blue screen (I guess at 1024x768), then display turns off (for 0.25s, I guess) and turns on again, using the correct resolution (for me it's 1366x768).

I'm gonna do a research about the DSDT stuff to see what I can get.

PS: the guy who made this hack for 32bit couldn't help us to put it on a 64bit enviroment? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all of you, such a masterpiece. The Nobel prizes should be rewarded to all of you.

I installed this kext on my laptop Dell Studio 1555 and it worked perfectly. Yesterday I had the artifact problem with the kext of Tienekie, but now my mouse reverts normally.

But still no QE/CI. :)

I have a naive question! If I gained my native resolution, but not QE/CI, did I have the best performance of MAC OSX in term of colour, image quality.... or my graphic have to be supported QE/CI in order to display the best image?

Thank you guys!

Thank you all of you, such a masterpiece. The Nobel prizes should be rewarded to all of you.

Keep that for when we get QE/CI :P

I have a naive question! If I gained my native resolution, but not QE/CI, did I have the best performance of MAC OSX in term of colour, image quality.... or my graphic have to be supported QE/CI in order to display the best image?

Thank you guys!

I don't know what you mean with "best image". Actually, I don't know the answer for your question, I guess (trying to understand).

As far as I know, QE/CI are for 3D graphics (correct me anyone if I'm wrong). So forget about insane games ;) (well, since you have a laptop with onboard graphics (like me) you shouldn't think about games heheheheh)

And I read somewhere that QE/CI makes your OSX use less cpu power to draw stuff on screen. I guess it's true. Makes sense to me (at least about GL/whatever things).

Keep that for when we get QE/CI :P

I don't know what you mean with "best image". Actually, I don't know the answer for your question, I guess (trying to understand).

As far as I know, QE/CI are for 3D graphics (correct me anyone if I'm wrong). So forget about insane games ;) (well, since you have a laptop with onboard graphics (like me) you shouldn't think about games heheheheh)

And I read somewhere that QE/CI makes your OSX use less cpu power to draw stuff on screen. I guess it's true. Makes sense to me (at least about GL/whatever things).

Who talk about stupid games?!??!?!?!? 

Try watch HD movie or even full screen with some player diferent from quicktime+perian. Try use iWork, iLife or other software who need QE/CI... 

If u think that QE/CI is only for 3D gaming, sorry but u are totaly wrong!!!

Try watch HD movie ot even full screen with some player diferent from quicktime+perian. Try use iWork, iLife or other software who need QE/CI...

Yeah, that's true.

If u think that QE/CI is only for 3D gaming, sorry but u are totaly wrong!!!

Nops. My mistake. I don't. I was just trying to create an idea for that guy.

And you could be not-so-rude sometime. I don't need to remember any useful (or not) thing which uses QE/CI. Actually, nobody here knows and remember everything.

PS: "as far as I know" = I can be wrong. ;)

Keep that for when we get QE/CI :D

As far as I know, QE/CI are for 3D graphics (correct me anyone if I'm wrong). So forget about insane games :) (well, since you have a laptop with onboard graphics (like me) you shouldn't think about games heheheheh)

Best image, I mean the quality of image, such as colour, contrast... Because I am now using both Windows 7 and Mac OSX86, in my opinion, the colour of MacOSX (maybe something else about the quality image) is not as good as windows 7, so I doubt that not supporting QE/CI yet makes MAC OSX86 so.

As regards to games, I don't mean to play games on my laptop, however, I have tried to play a Television Software online, and I just get sound, not the image. The screen of the Player is absolutely black. I have not tried with a video yet, but I think it is due to the GMA4500.

Best image, I mean the quality of image, such as colour, contrast... Because I am now using both Windows 7 and Mac OSX86, in my opinion, the colour of MacOSX (maybe something else about the quality image) is not as good as windows 7, so I doubt that not supporting QE/CI yet makes MAC OSX86 so.

Ah. I didn't care about this. Sorry, I don't know how to answer this. Does your Windows or OSX have installed any app to configure the colors? Afaik, it's possible to do that on Windows, but I don't know about OSX.

As regards to games, I don't mean to play games on my laptop, however, I have tried to play a Television Software online, and I just get sound, not the image. The screen of the Player is absolutely black. I have not tried with a video yet, but I think it is due to the GMA4500.

Maybe. One day I tried to play a video on QuickTime. Didn't work. So I was wondering why.. and I've found that I didn't have the codec for that type. So I installed it and the player worked. Just an idea... :)

The samo boat with the same CURSED GMA4500 ;)

Yeah. You got it :)

Damn GMA4500. :thumbsup_anim: I should have marked that option to install a good video card on my laptop. LOL

Somehow I'm getting "invalid pixel format" using this video card on SL. On Leopard, this hack works fine. This error brings me a LOT of problems.

Someone here can take screenshots using grab (or screencapture) or open photos (jpg, tiff, png, whatever) on Preview? Just to make sure that the problem is not with this card. Make sure you're running SL 10.6.2 with the kext from this topic.

With this kext, on SL, only native res. No jpegs on Prevew, no screen shots, no QuartzGL ... nothing. At Windows 7 the GMA4500 rating is 3.1 from 7.9 and again the 80% of the laptops in the store I work are with this f*****g video card. This is insane, this is ridicilous, this is the bigest {censored} in the whole computers world (after Windows of course)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup_anim:;):)

With this kext, on SL, only native res. No jpegs on Prevew, no screen shots, no QuartzGL ... nothing. At Windows 7 the GMA4500 rating is 3.1 from 7.9 and again the 80% of the laptops in the store I work are with this f*****g video card. This is insane, this is ridicilous, this is the bigest {censored} in the whole computers world (after Windows of course)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

So you don't have images on Preview? Screenshots? haha Welcome to my world :censored2:

On Leopard it works. Go figure... and binaries from Leopard works too. I could take an screenshot on SL using screencapture from Leopard partition. Soon I'll create a "patch" which will make SL use Leopard 10.5.8 Preview and screencapture (base of Grab app) files. It's insane. Here's a screenshot of me testing Leopard screencapture on SL:

problemi.th.png

I have a topic for this problem. At least we'll can take screenshots and open photos on Preview. It's enough for me.

Do you know any other app which is not working no SL and worked on Leopard with GMA4500 and this hack? So I can test it too.

I think it`s a lost cause mission to make patches for all the non working apps. The only solution is the enabling of the QE/CI...before that...bye bye hackintosh...hello again windows 7. ;)

Actually, we don't need to make QE/CI work from hardware now. If we had QE/CI from software, even if it's insanely slow, we could run a lot of apps.

I'm gonna think about this idea. It's stupid, yeah, I know. But, we could try, right? :D At least we could run some apps.. and with enough cpu power, we could run more and more apps.. for now.

Yeah but don`t u think that software QE/CI will turn the computer into an OVEN ?!? and...the laptp battery will be live...how match...3 min....

haha, does not work this way. actually, now, OSX is drawing everything using the CPU. yes, my laptop is insanely hot, but I don't care for now :P it goes hot on windows too :(

at least we could run more apps, not only the ones which doesn't use QE/CI. and, since OSX is already using the CPU, it won't change too much if you draw more or less things. I guess. heehehhe

Well, I don't know. A guy is trying to port a driver from BSD to OSX. I want to help him (and I doubt I'm the only one), but he didn't release the source code, so I can do nothing at all. Oh god. :(

Damn GMA4500... Damn!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It didn't work on my inspiron 1545. I'm running IPC 10.5.8 universal final. When I boot with bootflags -f -v, I got a kernel panic and when I boot without flag I got a black screen after the apple logo. I'm new on mac. Do I have to install another distro? Please advise. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have a dell 1545 running IPC 10.5.8 universal final. I put this file (dsdt.aml.zip) into the root of the macintosh drive it fixed the black screen problem.

note: you need to extract the file out the .zip archive first.

Hey how can i put this file there , the screen is black, i mean i am not able to see anything?,

First of all i am not a system programmer.. Its just a pure tweak.. :);)

Many of users reporting mouse artifact for their compaq and lenovo laptop's having Intel 4500 MHD (Dev ID 2a42).

As shown in the below picture.

tuvfru35pt.jpg

I have hexedited the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext (Version 1.5.48) using Lavender.t's post to make use of software cursor instead of a hardware cursor. You can see the result

tuvvvndy4x.jpg

u should only install this kext if u having 4500MHD (2a42) and also with an mouse artifact. It will not enable QE/CI for your mac.

Steps to install

1.Download kexthelper.

2.Download the Edited Kext AppleIntelGMAX3100FB_softcursor_sleep.kext.zip

3.Extract It.

4.Drag the kext to kext helper> Type the admin password> and click easy install

5.Reboot with bootflags '-f -v'

Thankz to Lavender.t ;)

Does this method fix the resolution problem also?I have 1545 with 1366X768 display.

Hey how can i put this file there , the screen is black, i mean i am not able to see anything?,

Did you try to get on OSX using safe boot (-x)? Maybe you'll get to a basic screen (1024x768), so you can extract the DSDT file. You could extract from single user mode (-s), from command line).

Did you try to get on OSX using safe boot (-x)? Maybe you'll get to a basic screen (1024x768), so you can extract the DSDT file. You could extract from single user mode (-s), from command line).

Please tell me the required commands used in single user mode.

THanks

Please tell me the required commands used in single user mode.

THanks

Well, there's a manual for zip ;)

anyway, for zip files:

unzip filename.zip

for tar.gz

tar xvzf filename.tar.gz

for tar

tar xvf filename.tar

Well, there's a manual for zip :P

anyway, for zip files:

unzip filename.zip

for tar.gz

tar xvzf filename.tar.gz

for tar

tar xvf filename.tar

i will need to copy it from my pendrive so please tell me other commands needed in single user mode (like commands to copy,open directiory etc)

i will need to copy it from my pendrive so please tell me other commands needed in single user mode (like commands to copy,open directiory etc)

Errr.. can't you just search here on the forum? The goal of this topic is not to learn how to copy files from flashdrives.

Anyway, you need to know the identifier for your flashdrive. For example, disk2s1.. once you found that, you need to mount it. When mounted, you can access the files and copy :P