Really confused.

onlnagent

4 posts in this topic

First of all yes I tried to look up the info needed but really haven't found the info I need. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area.

I'm very new to the idea of running apple software on pc hardware and I'm looking for some help on trying to get a PC to run OSX. I've tried InstaHackintosh using my OSX disk but had no success. I really don't know where to start. I do have a MacBook Pro and have the 10.5.7 disk that came with it as well as the snow leopard upgrade disk. I was looking for a specific guide to show everything I needed to get started and get it working.

Here is a list of the hardware I'm working with:

Motherboard: Asus Striker II Extreme LGA nForce 790i

CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 Yorkfield 3.0 GHz LGA Quad-Core

Ram: Crucial Ballistix 4GB (4 X 1 GB) 240-Pin DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) Dual Channel

Video Card: XFX GeForce 9800 GX2 1GB

I was also running a software raid using the built in raid controller, but can drop to 1 hd if needed.

If I need to provide more info let me know. Again any help provided is greatly appreciated.

Just use iDeneb 1.6 (10.5.8).

Don't forget to install ApplenForceATA, an nVidia 1GB injector and the other needed kexts.

I don't know exactly whether you can use or not the vanilla kernel, better use Qoopz 9.8.0.

And if your PS2 ports won't work, don't panic. Boot from the iDeneb DVD again and when installing, Customize, deselect iDeneb main system and the others and just select old ApplePS2 or whichever kext is needed.

Make sure to backup a few installation packages for your internet card, because the ethernet is the trickiest when it comes to kexts.

I'll upload an nforce ethernet package that worked for me, maybe it'll work for you too ^^.

nForceLAN.mpkg.zip

Just use iDeneb 1.6 (10.5.8).

Don't forget to install ApplenForceATA, an nVidia 1GB injector and the other needed kexts.

I don't know exactly whether you can use or not the vanilla kernel, better use Qoopz 9.8.0.

And if your PS2 ports won't work, don't panic. Boot from the iDeneb DVD again and when installing, Customize, deselect iDeneb main system and the others and just select old ApplePS2 or whichever kext is needed.

Make sure to backup a few installation packages for your internet card, because the ethernet is the trickiest when it comes to kexts.

I'll upload an nforce ethernet package that worked for me, maybe it'll work for you too ^^.

Thanks for the quick reply. Is this the light version? It seems to be the only torrent I can find.